Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

What is the purpose of a adjustable baffle? I know you want to keep a certain level for best performance on your protein skimmer. But I don't have a adjustable baffle in my sump and still achieve the level I want. Just was wondering because I was thinking of replacing my sump my thoughts was that with a adjustable baffle I would get more water agitation and would help with my ph. With my stock sump water seems very still in the second camber and third were the pump lays.

Why aren't you doing a DIYDRAGON sump? Just curious. :)

wat

What is the purpose of a adjustable baffle? I know you want to keep a certain level for best performance on your protein skimmer. But I don't have a adjustable baffle in my sump and still achieve the level I want. Just was wondering because I was thinking of replacing my sump my thoughts was that with a adjustable baffle I would get more water agitation and would help with my ph. With my stock sump water seems very still in the second camber and third were the pump lays.

I got 2 adjustable baffles so I could make the return chamber as small as possible, and also use the 2 together to stop bubbles from getting into the display.

RIP Sebastian

... wat

wat

I got 2 adjustable baffles so I could make the return chamber as small as possible, and also use the 2 together to stop bubbles from getting into the display.

Frickin' autocorrect. DIY Sump.

• Like 2
SquishyFishy

Sorry for the interruption, but was it you Kat or Gena who keeps dragonettes?

Has you tried Hikari's Bio Pure Frozen Cyclopods for your dragonettes?

I need something for my new, and very small young red scooter Blenny. Can't find Cyclopeez nor Ova.

This sounds like it may work. I have seeded tank with new pods, old pods are now grown too large for him. This is cheap like 6 bucks a pkg, but overnight shipping is 30! Going to get my lfs to order for me.

• Like 1

Sorry for the interruption, but was it you Kat or Gena who keeps dragonettes?

Has you tried Hikari's Bio Pure Frozen Cyclopods for your dragonettes?

I need something for my new, and very small young red scooter Blenny. Can't find Cyclopeez nor Ova.

This sounds like it may work. I have seeded tank with new pods, old pods are now grown too large for him. This is cheap like 6 bucks a pkg, but overnight shipping is 30! Going to get my lfs to order for me.

Might try Gena. I was able to train my mandarins to eat frozen. Ova and Cyclopeeze have been out of circulation for a while, there is a problem with the supply of the animals that make up the product. You can try fish eggs from Rod's or Reef Nutrition. Ova was eggs. The size of the eggs is what will determine if the dragonette will like to eat it.

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

spill.

So, when one of my friends was 11, he started a YouTube channel called DIY Dragon 10. I had looked it up on my phone, just to see what he had done. Auto-fill must have jumped the gun on that one.

Maybe I should get a DIYDRAGON sump were are they shelling them? ;)

I guess it's a DIY sump with a dragon laser-etched into it? I dunno. Maybe on Cathay Paciific Dragon? Who knows.

• Like 1

So, when one of my friends was 11, he started a YouTube channel called DIY Dragon 10. I had looked it up on my phone, just to see what he had done. Auto-fill must have jumped the gun on that one.

I guess it's a DIY sump with a dragon laser-etched into it? I dunno. Maybe on Cathay Paciific Dragon? Who knows.

You put a dragon on anything and it becomes so much cooler and probably more safision.

• Like 4
RIP Sebastian

You put a dragon on anything and it becomes so much cooler and probably more safision.

Kinda does, ya!

Does Petco carry the 20 long glass tanks?

Yep.

• Like 1

Does Petco carry the 20 long glass tanks?

Sure do 30" long and right now only 20 bucks they are having there dollar sale!

Thinking of one for my AIO

• Like 1