Cultivated Reef

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

When M brought Emmy home, we kept her in a Moosehead beer crate. I had no idea she could see enough to escape. Needless to say that she climbed out 2 days later and I woke up with a purring kitten on my neck, lol. That's how she got he name, Emmy was what came from M9 the 1/2 track. She and Katie would chase each other back and forth up and down the hall when Katie was little, sounded like a herd of buffalo in my house.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, 4x5 said:

I'm good thanks. Life is a little crazy and chaotic but it's good. :D 

Chaos is a ladder, said Little Finger.

On 9/11/2017 at 8:47 PM, StinkyBunny said:

When M brought Emmy home, we kept her in a Moosehead beer crate. I had no idea she could see enough to escape. Needless to say that she climbed out 2 days later and I woke up with a purring kitten on my neck, lol. That's how she got he name, Emmy was what came from M9 the 1/2 track. She and Katie would chase each other back and forth up and down the hall when Katie was little, sounded like a herd of buffalo in my house.

Sounds too cute. 

So sorry to hear about all the difficulties, Kat!  This hobby can be so heartbreaking at times.  I've definitely been there myself plenty of times and you did the right thing by jumping on it in the middle of the night and doing what you could to save the inhabitants.  I've had an alk overdose like that where my tank went milk white and I definitely panicked too.  Hopefully everything is still hanging in there and you can get it all set back up and looking great.

Also, the foster kittens are ADORABLE but I am sure they keep you busy!  Kittens are a handful.  I've always wanted to foster, but Lily being the princess that she is, doesn't like other animals.  Oh, and good luck with the move!

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, metrokat said:

casper2.thumb.jpg.7db4e57552cd57478500616df3f10925.jpg

It seems like unless I plug in to recharge the kitten, he's gonna stay filthy.

Just got caught up majorly on your thread and had a good little cry.

:grouphug:    :tears:

Hope you are doing well. Looks like those kittens are keeping you on your toes!

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Merthynia said:

Just got caught up majorly on your thread and had a good little cry.

:grouphug:    :tears:

Hope you are doing well. Looks like those kittens are keeping you on your toes!

Thanks Merthy. They're certainly a furfull.

Sylvester fell asleep in his food. Then in the litter box he stuck his tushie over the side and peed on the floor.

Callie has discovered the kitchen counter.

Casper is still small enough that I can hold him in one hand, and type with the other like i am doing right now. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, metrokat said:

Thanks Merthy. They're certainly a furfull.

Sylvester fell asleep in his food. Then in the litter box he stuck his tushie over the side and peed on the floor.

Callie has discovered the kitchen counter.

Casper is still small enough that I can hold him in one hand, and type with the other like i am doing right now. :)

Oh my goodness, kittens are just full of life and crazy new antics!! They will surprise you with the new things they learn to do everyday! But boy I remember being exhausted trying to keep up. My big male Zephyr managed to lock himself into the bathroom while I was out of town for the weekend a few weekends back. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, metrokat said:

casper2.thumb.jpg.7db4e57552cd57478500616df3f10925.jpg

It seems like unless I plug in to recharge the kitten, he's gonna stay filthy.

What a cutie!  Orange cats are my favorite :wub:.  How many times a day do you have to clean them up? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
20 hours ago, Merthynia said:

Oh my goodness, kittens are just full of life and crazy new antics!! They will surprise you with the new things they learn to do everyday! But boy I remember being exhausted trying to keep up. My big male Zephyr managed to lock himself into the bathroom while I was out of town for the weekend a few weekends back. 

Gosh! No idea how long he was in there? He must have been hungry and thirsty unless he drank out of the potty. ew. Poor kitty.

19 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Those blue eyes! :wub:

Yeah, he's a lady killer that one is. He sits up at my feet looking at me like he is in that picture. It's very distracting. :D

6 hours ago, gena said:

What a cutie!  Orange cats are my favorite :wub:.  How many times a day do you have to clean them up? :lol:

Ha! I'm supposed to feed them canned food every 3-4 hours but we kind of go by a different clock. And with cats you know they go and eat whenever they feel hungry so let's just say that there is a lot of attempts at cleaning them. I have a set of face towels that are for this purpose. :rolleyes: Wet them in warm water and then wipe these filthy faces. Rinse. Repeat. :lol: 

1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

Emmy was a pig as a kitten, it was CONSTANT washing. I though kitties were supposed to be clean, piglets are cleaner than she was as a kitten, lol.

That's what Benny said to me : "Why are they filthy" and I said the two boys haven't learnt to cat yet. Callie is spotless! She has white fur from her nose and cheeks all the way to the toes and underbelly. She's spotless. And she cleans those two bums. If she didn't they'd be more dirty. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, metrokat said:

Gosh! No idea how long he was in there? He must have been hungry and thirsty unless he drank out of the potty. ew. Poor kitty.

Yeah, he's a lady killer that one is. He sits up at my feet looking at me like he is in that picture. It's very distracting. :D

Ha! I'm supposed to feed them canned food every 3-4 hours but we kind of go by a different clock. And with cats you know they go and eat whenever they feel hungry so let's just say that there is a lot of attempts at cleaning them. I have a set of face towels that are for this purpose. :rolleyes: Wet them in warm water and then wipe these filthy faces. Rinse. Repeat. :lol: 

That's what Benny said to me : "Why are they filthy" and I said the two boys haven't learnt to cat yet. Callie is spotless! She has white fur from her nose and cheeks all the way to the toes and underbelly. She's spotless. And she cleans those two bums. If she didn't they'd be more dirty. 

I've got a feeling it was probably at least 3 days. He did drink out of the toilet.:unsure: The best part was after I set him free he "yelled" at me for a minute or two and then IMMEDIATELY WENT AND SHUT THE BEDROOM DOOR!  Seriously? That's how you got into this mess in the first place! I've been securing all the doors since then. He had never done that before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 1
21 hours ago, Merthynia said:

I've got a feeling it was probably at least 3 days. He did drink out of the toilet.:unsure: The best part was after I set him free he "yelled" at me for a minute or two and then IMMEDIATELY WENT AND SHUT THE BEDROOM DOOR!  Seriously? That's how you got into this mess in the first place! I've been securing all the doors since then. He had never done that before.

Troublemaker. If I have the windows open the door to my bedroom shuts with the draft sometimes. I've learnt to put a sneaker as a door stopper. Maybe do that when you're leaving the kitty alone?

• Like 1