inTank Media Baskets

Fluval Evo 13.5

dandelion

I saw that your media basket for the Fluval Evo is coming. Just wondering if it is going into the first or second chamber? Does it go all the way down?

We may do both but the one we are working on now goes in chamber one. Yes it goes all the way down. It will have a notch to clear the stopper piece in Ch 1

Dang it I was hoping you would do the 2nd chamber one first coz I'm planning on putting my skimmer in chamber 1. The stopper piece keeps the skimmer at the perfect level.

Guess I'll have to make do with an eggcrate one until you come up with a 2nd chamber rack!

We may do both but the one we are working on now goes in chamber one. Yes it goes all the way down. It will have a notch to clear the stopper piece in Ch 1

The skimmer they sell is junk there are much better options that fit in Ch 2. Plus a basket in Ch 1 keeps the rear chamber cleaner.

But we will also be looking at chamber 2 options.

rayterranella

Just back in the hobby purchased evo 13.5. Waiting on media basket for it and have to agree the skimmer is junk I pulled it out yesterday. Any suggestions for chamber 2 skimmer. I was looking at the innovative marine line.

Just back in the hobby purchased evo 13.5. Waiting on media basket for it and have to agree the skimmer is junk I pulled it out yesterday. Any suggestions for chamber 2 skimmer. I was looking at the innovative marine line.

We will be doing some dry testing once the basket is done but on another thread the meme was talked about. The Reef Octopus NS-80 may also fit.

Or go without, it's only a 12 gallon tank without any stocking

I have the best skimmer in my evo 13.5. I only have to run it once a week too. Looks something like this:

41pjmUFOLOL._AC_US160_.jpg

=P

Silly question... Will the basket you guys are planning also fit into the Flex series too?

Never seen the tank. If it is a similar size then it is likely they use the same baffles.

The Innovative Marine Ghost Desktop fits perfectly in the second chamber, and while I think it under performs in larger IM tanks, it seems perfect for my EVO 13.5. Glad that inTank is designing a media basket for the first chamber, I agree that the second chamber is the most protein skimmer friendly. The first chamber also seems to be the most refugium friendly, plan on keeping chaeto in the upper inTank slot.

• 3 weeks later...

Any update? I noticed on the website last week you mentioned hoping to have beta done and maybe mid-February for release. Will the middle shelf be removable? Want to run micoalgae in the bottom if possible. Thanks!

Any update? I noticed on the website last week you mentioned hoping to have beta done and maybe mid-February for release. Will the middle shelf be removable? Want to run micoalgae in the bottom if possible. Thanks!

We are keeping updates on the site as known.

We may consider the middle shelf removable, because of the piece that sticks up in the chamber it may or may not make sense after we make the 1st prototype. You still could run macro either way in one or more of the chambers.

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Fluval-Evo-12-Media-Basket-FL12MR.htm

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ASpec said:

Any news?  Last update on the web site was 2/3.  Really looking forward to being able to order this. I'd even take a prototype!  ;)

Yes!  Finally got our designer get his act together and get a concept.  Updated pics on the product page from yesterday.  Should see a revised addition next week that I can water test.  Then we'll go from there. 

Acrylic prices just jumped 18% :angry: so we're going to experiment on this model using thinner plastics where we can to keep the cost down.

Awesome!  Looking good, thanks for the update.

I was serious about the prototype, if you just toss them I'd be interesting in buying it/one with the understanding it's not final/perfect.  Anything is better than nothing at this point. :)   I've used many of your other baskets in the past so I know how up to par your quality is. 

1 hour ago, ASpec said:

Awesome!  Looking good, thanks for the update.

I was serious about the prototype, if you just toss them I'd be interesting in buying it/one with the understanding it's not final/perfect.  Anything is better than nothing at this point. :)   I've used many of your other baskets in the past so I know how up to par your quality is. 

You got it.  Lately we usually have one prototype around that is to the right design just has laser marks for shelf positions before jigs are made or other minor things like that.  So I'll reference back to you if that is the case.  i don't want them around as I only keep the final version to reference back to for CS reasons.

But the one pictured won't work at all.  Side flow holes are on the wrong side lol.....

• 1 month later...

Archived