Cultivated Reef

Surveyman's NUVO 10 Build - REBOOT 2019

SURVEYMAN46123

SURVEYMAN46123
21 hours ago, dferrari13 said:

Euphyllias give such great movement to the tank...looking good

I’ve always been a huge fan.  Hence the Euphyllia Dominance in my Nano.  Just can’t get enough.  

SURVEYMAN46123

I've noticed that my corals have seemed happier/fluffier since using reef crystals two weeks ago.   I've also noticed my alk and ca levels are not dropping like they were with the regular IO salt.   Other than that, nothing has changed.   The tank is on autopilot, and thriving.

1.jpg

IMG_6515.JPG

• Like 7
SURVEYMAN46123
On 4/11/2018 at 12:51 PM, Rory282 said:

Love it Surveyman! TOTM material!

Thanks!   I really appreciate that.   Hell I appreciate that people like my tank as much as I do.   Its flattering. 

Oh and this happened Friday night too.   :D 

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-tank-365-featured-tank-by-tehsac.380449/

3 weeks with Reef Crystal's and all positive on my end.   In the past I would always see my corals not expand as much or just look bleh before my waterchange.   Since using the RC's everything seems to be happy, and thriving.    Ordered a bucket last night to make the full switch.

As far as adding new equipment or corals, I'm holding off for now.   I've even put my desires to upgrade on the back burner.   This tank is perfect for me, and love watching it grow out.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

Thanks!   I really appreciate that.   Hell I appreciate that people like my tank as much as I do.   Its flattering. 

Oh and this happened Friday night too.   :D 

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reef-tank-365-featured-tank-by-tehsac.380449/

3 weeks with Reef Crystal's and all positive on my end.   In the past I would always see my corals not expand as much or just look bleh before my waterchange.   Since using the RC's everything seems to be happy, and thriving.    Ordered a bucket last night to make the full switch.

As far as adding new equipment or corals, I'm holding off for now.   I've even put my desires to upgrade on the back burner.   This tank is perfect for me, and love watching it grow out.

Wow, that's an awesome write-up, congratulations! It's well-deserved. :D

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
SURVEYMAN46123
9 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Wow, you're just getting recognition from all over! It's well-deserved too. Time for a TOTM party! omgomgomg

Thank you @teenyreef !  That means alot coming from the NUVO 10 king.  😎

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
SURVEYMAN46123

So, last week I was out of town from Sunday to Friday.   I did my typical waterchange the Saturday before, and made sure my Topoff was full.    Left my daughter in charge to do the daily feedings.   Before I left they had closed my road to start with a bridge replacement and while I was gone they decided to replace the pole while I was gone.   Yep that meant I had no power and I was a thousand miles from home.  :(

So rest assured I was freaking out a bit, but thankfully whey I returned home everything seemed to be okay.   However the Candy Canes seemed to take the brunt of the three hours the power was off.   They just don't look happy, and I'm hoping with a second waterchange this week they will bounce back.

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear the news man. Doesn't sound like it was too bad with power out.  Just wanted to say the tank is stellar and I've been debating jumping back in and your build may have just pushed me over the edge. 

This hobby keeps drawing me back.

• Like 3
SURVEYMAN46123
On 5/17/2018 at 5:42 PM, capture said:

Sorry to hear the news man. Doesn't sound like it was too bad with power out.  Just wanted to say the tank is stellar and I've been debating jumping back in and your build may have just pushed me over the edge. 

This hobby keeps drawing me back.

Thanks man!   Glad to hear my little piece of the ocean is gonna push you back to the dark side.  😉

Everything has bounced back to normal.   However I have noticed some of my candy canes loosing some flesh due to the hammers stinging them.    I foresaw that, so I'm not too upset about it.   Need to do a bit of trimming and things will be a-okay until it happens again. 

TD_1.jpg

TD_2.jpg

• Like 5
SURVEYMAN46123

The construction workers down the street knocked out the power this morning and the power company is stating 3-4 hours before its back on.   Doesn't look good for my tank.   :(

Cannedfish
1 hour ago, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

The construction workers down the street knocked out the power this morning and the power company is stating 3-4 hours before its back on.   Doesn't look good for my tank.   😞

Get that battery powered air stone up and running! But don't worry too much, that happens all the time here in NOLA, because you know, it's America's third world city. 

• Like 2
SURVEYMAN46123
5 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Get that battery powered air stone up and running! But don't worry too much, that happens all the time here in NOLA, because you know, it's America's third world city. 

Haha

Actually I ran out and grabbed one during lunch and just got back to the office after hooking it up.   Temp was just under 79 degrees. 

• Like 3

Those battery powered air pumps are amazingly effective. All my tanks went through 48 hours with no power during a hurricane with no losses at all with nothing but one airstone in each tank. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
SURVEYMAN46123

Well its been awhile since I've been here huh?   Everything is going great with my tank.   Just been so busy being outdoors and with my daughters softball team.  

My Clownfish and Blenny turned 1 last week.   Happy and hungry as ever.   🙂

Big follow earned - love this setup and will be stealing ideas for mine. Haha.

How intensity are you rocking the Kessil at? Any plans up upgraded the tank in the near future?

- Dan

SURVEYMAN46123
On 7/13/2018 at 12:47 AM, Daniel91 said:

Big follow earned - love this setup and will be stealing ideas for mine. Haha.

How intensity are you rocking the Kessil at? Any plans up upgraded the tank in the near future?

- Dan

Thanks Dan!

My A80 is at 100%.   Honestly at one time I was thinking of upgrading to a Lagoon 25, but I'm so happy with this tank, this is it for a long time.

• Like 1
SURVEYMAN46123

So I've been taking some photos for something in the future, but I'll be honest taking photos isn't my strong point.   However I do want some higher quality photos and have a friend who's hobby is photography.   She is planning on coming by in the next few days to take some shots and edit them for me for my little project.

As for photos, here are a few recent ones.   I need to frag my Candy Canes that have been stung by the hammer corals.  

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

SURVEYMAN46123

To say I’m sad would be an understatement tonight.  I’m not sure what happened to my Tailspot Blenny but he is no where to be found.  Pulled back the stand and looked behind it, looked in the rear chambers, even pulled out some of the rock.  My guess is he passed away and was eaten.  He was there Friday out eating and being himself.  Man am I bummed and my daughter is going to be devastated when she gets home from camp.  

• 2 weeks later...
SURVEYMAN46123

So my gold torch hasn't been looking too hot lately.   Not sure whats going on to be honest as all of my parameters are well within a range I am happy with.   Not much fluctuates with my tank.   I'm hoping it pulls through but torches are so unpredictable.

I've been trying to get some better photos of my tank with no luck.   Tonight I have a friend stopping by to take some photos for me.   Hopefully I will get some better photos to share with you all.   In the meantime here are my crappy photos.   🙂

Blasto.jpg

blue.jpg

Frogspawn.jpg

td blue.jpg

td white.jpg

• Like 1