Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Surveyman's NUVO 10 Build - REBOOT 2019

SURVEYMAN46123

SURVEYMAN46123

So, for anyone interested here has what happened since July…..

I seriously almost threw all of this in the trash.  Corals were not looking great, ATO stuck on and threw the salinity off, etc etc.   So frustrating and just wanted to be done with it all.   Plus the daily stresses of life were taking me away from maintenance and overall desire to do anything with the tank or life.   I’d do a two gallon change every week, scraped the glass, and fed the fish.   Hell, I barely wanted to even look at the tank.   In September my youngest came to me and said “dad, what are the little green hairs and bubbles in your tank?”   I took a quick look and honestly couldn’t believe what I was seeing.   Bubble algae and GHA in various spots all over the tank.   Something happened that night and it took me back into “reef mode.”   I started to scrub my rocks during large water changes with peroxide to remove the GHA, plucked the bubble algae, and stopped siphoning the sand weekly.   I started to see changes in the coming weeks.   Zoa’s were starting to open back up, and new heads almost every other day on some of the varieties I have.  Before I did large waterchanges, I would really blast the rocks with a turkey baster, get the junk suspended in the column and do the 3-4 gallon water change.   I’ve been doing this for 2 months now and the health, growth, and colors of my corals have never been better.   

1 hour ago, SURVEYMAN46123 said:

I would really blast the rocks with a turkey baster, get the junk suspended in the column and do the 3-4 gallon water change.   I’ve been doing this for 2 months now and the health, growth, and colors of my corals have never been better.   

This is what you are doing now plus not siphoning the sand? 

• Like 1
SURVEYMAN46123
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

This is what you are doing now plus not siphoning the sand? 

Yea pretty much.   Someone once told me to stop siphoning the sand so much.  Turns out it was a great suggestion.  I do stir up the sand but don’t focus my entire waterchange on sand clean up.  In the past I would siphon the sand until I hit my 2 gallon mark.  As you might imagine I sucked up every little bit of everything. Quite possibly too much.  

• Like 1
SURVEYMAN46123
52 minutes ago, farkwar said:

TOTM nice

Good job

Haha thank you.  That was ages ago and a completely different look.   I honestly think I prefer this look more.  👍🏼

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...