Top Shelf Aquatics

Sacramento Swappin

jjharrisx4

I'm interested in the orange rics. Is there anything in particular that you are looking for? I've got some gsp, brown torch, and xenia, that I'm willing to trade.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey Oz...The corals are doing great! The xenia never stopped pulsing, even while transporting. The snails are cruising around, and the buttons are great as well. They are a little different color than the ones I already have so I'm happy!

Let me see if I can get one of the ricordia loose and I'll be happy to trade for the orange ricordia. I'd also be interested in a frag of the toadstool. I have to figure out what you'd want though...Any requests?

Whats up Jason:

Yeah lets trade the ricordias. Are those the blue in the picture? Also, I'm thinking of fragging the toadstool this weekend. I want to let the frags heal up for a week to make sure they survive and thrive in others tanks. We can do that trade the weekend after xmas (the ricordias whenever). What else do you have thats cool?

Are you out in Galt?

Oh, I'm going to the BARE frag seminar/swap being held at Tropical Paradise in San Leandro tommorrow (Thursday) at 7pm. I'm leaving at 5pm if your interested in coming along. Let me know.

Jimmi: I pretty much have enough of the animals you mentioned (got frags of xenia and GSP in fact). Do you have anything else? I am, however, looking for different kinds of xenia. What sp. do you have?

oz

Hey Oz...sounds good on the ricordia...yes that is the blue type...sort of light blue. It looks pretty cool in my opinion. Do you have any pocillopora? I have a frag of that I'd trade for the toadstool. Let me know. I'm not sure what else I have you'd be interested in. If you have any specific requests let me know.

It'll be at least 2 weeks before I can meet you to trade. I'm working weird hours right now during my Academy. I do live in Galt, but would be happy to meet you somewhere.

I'm bummed...the pulsing xenia that I got from you got knocked over and sucked into a powerhead. I haven't been home since tuesday, so I don't know how long it was there but I pulled it out and it appears that at least some will make it. I'm also finding individual polyps on my sandbed, so I think I'll have a bunch of xenia soon! It must have gotten chopped up and spit out by the powerhead. Xenia in a blender!

Take it easy and keep in touch. If you need to email me, do so at jason_harris@attbi.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

anyone in the roseville, citrus heights, well anywhere sacramento area who has any "life in the sand" they are willing to part with? abour two weeks after i set up my tank, i had to take it down and move in onto another stand. the substrate disturbance, and movement of live rock killed a lot of the small pods, dime sized starfish, and other "wtf is that" creatures that caused helped the other life in the tank, and made me stare at the tank at least 5-10 minutes more. the pods are on their way back, and the tank is fine, but i am wondering if there is anyone out in my area who is willing to take the time to collect a little bit of the life on around and in their live sand, so i can kick start the diversity i once had? im not asking for anything that you dont have an abundance of, just what you have a ton of. i dont have anything to trade, i just started almost 2 months ago. well if any of you people from sacramento are willing to help me out, please email me.

thanks

jAy

I have alot of that green star polype stuff in my tank it grows like a weed. I can break a piece off that measure bout 1.5" x 3.5" long. It grows fast. Can anyone use some? I also have some yellow polyps. I'll part with for free. I have some green strip mushrooms as well. Any diversity would be appreciated.

id be willing to trade a piece of rock i have that has some brownish/bright green zoos on it, for some gsp. id take a couple of yellow polyps as well. the zoos is the only thing i have plural of that i can trade. i will post a picture of them when i get off of work.

jAy

oh, i got some shrooms also. green stripe and bluish purple. in the back u can c some of the green purple polyp thing. It swayes gently in the current like a field of flowers swaying in the wind... meadows so cool under the autumn breeze.

Hi edmund67,

Where do you live in Sacramento? I'm living in the south, Elk Grove. I would be happy to get or buy some of your corals. Unfortunately, I gave away my Xenia frag to Ascensive so I have nothing to trade with you right now.

Thanks!

-chang

Do u have the pic Ascensive? I'm interested. If u can still use the yelloy polyps. no prob. they urs. Ill give u a few shroom cutting as well. I only started out with one. Now I have alot.

Anyone have red shroom or any other variety out there?

yeah, here it is. i actually have another piece i can get rid of. they are a brownish reddish polyps, on a piece of coral the size of a pencil, about 6 polyps. well there ya go, two things, i can part with. CAN YOU TAKE THE POLYPS OFF THE ROCK, AND PUT THEM ON ANOTHER ROCK, OR SET THEM THERE AND THEY WILL RECONNECT? I WANT MORE ROOM FOR THE STUFF TO GROW

im sorry, my dial-up is off for the weekend to i guess...im on, im off, im,oh, im off, then it sends my post. anyways, can i take off some polyps from a smaller rock and put them on a bigger rock, will they reconnect?...the rock, with the button and zoo polyps on it, is about 2 and a half across and about an inch high. the pencil size coral is about 2 and a half inches long, and has a small branch on it, about a half inch.

jAy

I've never been able to connect zoo polyps. I've tried, but they did not take. Mushrooms are easy. I place them on top of patch of crushed coral. I use a clear 1" or 2" clear diamater tubing cut in 7" length. I place the tubing over the cutting to prevent anthying from moving it. Wait bout a week and it will take.

Did u want to trade the GSP for the those yellow, blue, brown zoos? The GSP might be large for your tank its bout 3" long log. Your zoo rock would go in its place. If so, lets coordinate a good time and place to trade.

yes...lets do it. my zoo rock, for your gsp, a couple of yellow polyps, and a bluish/purplish mushrooms? would you happen to have little small organisms living on the surface on your live sand? little thin starfish, copepods, the small shrimp and such? no fish store will give me any, and all i need is a small scoop of live sand to kick start mine again. exotic aquarium in the south sac area, got some crazy stuff in their sand.

just send me an email and let me know your scheduele and we can meet up.

jAy

ascensive@aol.com

Ascensive...I've got live sand in a tank in my garage just sitting around. I live in Stockton but come to exotic frequently.

So, since this thread I started is coming up again, I have more stuff to trade. I have sarcophyton, ricordia floridia, GSP, green striped shrooms...and maybe more.

Hey cal...Right now I have some of the ricordia pictured earlier in this thread, also sarcophyton and GSP. I'm working on getting some zoos to grow, and may have a small frag of them soon. I'm becoming more and more interested in SPS, so what do you have?

Tell you what, why don't you just email me at jason-harris@comcast.net and we can work out the details!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi JJHarris,

I noticed you live in Stockton, I just moved hear 8 months ago. I would be interested in some of those stripped shrooms. I currently only have Branching hammer coral, GSP, and some Ric's and Hairy shrooms. Let me know what you think.

Fuentes925

Hey Fuentes925...I just fragged some green shrooms, but probably have a couple of them that could be traded. Usually I trade individual shrooms for similar items, or would trade several for something bigger. How is your branching hammer? Is it fraggable, or are you not ready to part with some yet? Also, what type of ricordia?

Hi,

I already have my branching hammer coral in 2 peices, one branch has 1 head and the other has 2 heads. Each head is about 1 1/2" across, I bought it small because it was going in a 10g tank, it seem to be very healthy. My ric's are green body, blue/purple bumps and white mouths. I have some green hairy mushrooms also. I also have 2 GSP rocks. I can e-mail you photos if you like, but I can't post pic's on the nano forum. Are your shrooms the green striped ones?

Fuentes925

Archived