Cultivated Reef

Sacramento Swappin

jjharrisx4

Hey guys...anyone in the Sacto area who wants to do some trading...I have colt corals. I'd like some xenia, zoo's, shrooms, or something...I've got colts in all sizes. Also, I'm thinking of cutting my sarcophyton, and finger leathers, GSP, hairy shrooms, and green striped shrooms...the pieces will be sort of small though. Or...even better, I'd love to trade for a bubble tip clone.

I'm not real interested in selling for $$, but would rather trade.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, don't have anything to trade yet as i just started a reef a few months ago. I am interested to know what your livestock is and whether you have any frags you're willing to part with...for a good price that is:)

I almost forgot...i have a 21/2" maybe 3" female GBMaroon clown for trade if interested. Never took to the male so i had to purchase another female, now she lives in exile in my refugium

I may be interested in the maroon. Currently this tank has no fish, so that would go nicely with the anemone I plan to add. I'd be willing to part with a decent frag of colt coral. Depending on the size of your tank...I've got frags from 1/2" to 6-7". All are mounted and thriving. They are growing in my 15g nano under 2x36w PCs and 1x15w NO lighting and brisk water movement.

Any other traders? I'm from Modesto, just wondering? I got some colt, xenia, toadstool for trade. If jjharrisx4 does not want it, I'm up for trade. Pictures shown on Trading post " Bay area trade II". Thanks.

Well, I see you have colt already, but I could probably frag another GSP, or a finger leather. I may also have a hairy shroom.

I've got a great sarcophyton in my 50 but I'm worried about cutting it. Id be interested in a small one for my 15g though.

Just a thanks for a successful swap to HKS. I got the maroon clown (nice and healthy-already eating) for a nice frag of colt coral, and he also picked up some GSP and a small rock with 4 green striped shrooms. Nice to meet you John.

don't forget to come to the mars meeting this friday the 20th.

Jason

Jason,

It was great trading with you...glad to hear the clown doing well. The frags I received from you are already extended and looking well. I'll make a note of the meeting...thanks:)

anyone else in the sacramento, stockton area want to do some trading? I've still got colts, a couple of hairy shrooms and some GSP. I'd really love some xenia or a small toadstool. The best trade would be for a bubble tip clone. For something REALLY good I may even part with a hammer or candycane frag.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey guys Im a newbie but I got some stuff for trade, mostly fishe though.... maroon, humu trig and two other trigs plus a few corals. mostly interested in buying frags. Im from san jose so email me if you're interested. I love this nano reef hobby and am interested in meeting people who are too:D

Im not quite sure what I have but I'll just describe them ok? hopefully i can find the charger for my digital camera and get pictures up. I have one big hard coral looking thing in a ball shape with little polyps sticking out of them. they're a bright lime green and I have one that looks just like that except the polyps are more flower like and have purple at the tips. also, I have one that looks like an anemone but it's purple at the center with flourescent green on the body and brown tips. I also have some bubble tip anemones but I doub they're the kind everyone wants, I do know where to get those for around 40 bucks though, plate size ons. and I think I have a hammer coral? not quite sure but it's big and purple and green and looks funky

oh yeah, what Im looking for is mostly xenias. I love the red sea pom pom ones. those are so gorgeous and I dunno whatever else looks nice I guess. like red torch corals and interesting looking ones. i also have some scooter blennies if anyone wants them? and I think I want some red carnations too if anyone have those or purple ones and this really pretty white one I dunno what it is. it's all white though looks like little jasmines. going to sf tomorow to pick up some more corals so ill keep you guys updated on what I have if you'd like:D

yeah I know but luckily today I was able to pick up some nice speciments, a fantastic looking star polyps, a brilliant green torch coral, a nice clover polyps speciment and some weird light purple star one that resembles the one I already have. I also got a free red carnation! but it was the whtie kind with red polyps, I should have picked up the pure red carnation but I didn't. oh well, that was a personal choice. there were also xenias too but they were dead. next friday i might go back so if u guys want whatever common thing i have right now dont hesitate hahaha. Im working on the red torch from a show tank in an aquarium in fremont. they have some really unique corals there!:D

• 1 month later...

Hey Jason, I thought I'd revive your post for some more Sacramento/Nor Cal frag trading.

It was good to meet you at the MARS Xmas party last night. The colt frag I got from you is looking good. How are those Xenias, button zoos and cerith snails doing? Are the Xenias pulsing yet?

To all Sac area reefers:

I've got Xenia and GSP frags sitting in my tank waiting for trade. I also have some orange/brown ricordias for trade. Jason do you want to trade a blue ricordia for an orange/brown?

I'm going to be fragging some Sinularia and large Toadstoll Sarcophyton in the next week or two. Let me know if anyone is interested.

I also have a very large green carpet anemone that is starting to overgrow my his area in my tank. He's very healthy and about 12 to 16 inches in diameter when extended. I'd be willing to trade or sell for anyone interested.

Thanks, oz

ps this is a great site. Thanks for the referral Jason.

PSS To all MARS members: We're having a coral frag seminar at my house the Saturday before the January meeting. We will be fragging a large acro colony and a variety of other corals. Jeck the MARS website at http://www.marineaquarist.org/ in a couple weeks for details. If your not yet a member, its only $20 to join.

Archived