inTank Media Baskets

December 2016 Featured Reef - Lawn's 34 Gallon Nano Reef

Christopher Marks

Christopher Marks

For December we're featuring community member Lawn and his 34 gallon nano reef aquarium!

featuredreef.jpg

Click the picture above to check out his reef profile! You can find Lawn's Softie Reef aquarium journal in our Members Aquariums forum. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have for Lawn, and he'll try his best to answer them.

Finally!!!! :D

I didn't know you had masked gobies. How do you like them? Are they schooling for you? The most I ever had at one time was 3 and always wanted to get like 5 to see if they would school. Mine just paired off and then one died so there were just 2. I love masked gobies :).

Congrats!

question: what has been your overall impression of the Reefer 170?

Thanks.. The Reefer is a awesome tank my favorite so far and I have owned plenty of them. The quality is great and the plumbing is super easy for anyone who is scared of a sump.

Finally!!!! :DI didn't know you had masked gobies. How do you like them? Are they schooling for you? The most I ever had at one time was 3 and always wanted to get like 5 to see if they would school. Mine just paired off and then one died so there were just 2. I love masked gobies :).

Thank you Gena.. I like the masked gobies and they hang out in the back corner mostly. I notice them schooling when the flow is off for waterchanges. So I wonder if that has something to do with it!?!?

Congrats!

Thank you...

Congrats man !

Glad to see the noobs get some recognition every once in a while

:lol: Thanks B...

Congrats Lawn! You definitely deserve this, your tank is amazing.

Keep posting the progression pics in your thread, it's has been fun to follow....

I knew it was just a matter of time, nice job! I really enjoy tanks that demonstrate that there's more than one way to keep a reef, and that it doesn't have to be super hard or expensive or even take a lot of time. It's an approach that has a lot of value to beginners and experienced reefers alike :)

Congratulations Lawn!

Thank you...

Congrats Lawn! You definitely deserve this, your tank is amazing.

Keep posting the progression pics in your thread, it's has been fun to follow....

Thank you Shane. I will definitely keep up on the pics.

Congrats Lawn Awesome Tank

Thank you :)

Gorgeous tank - congratulations!

Thank you

I knew it was just a matter of time, nice job! I really enjoy tanks that demonstrate that there's more than one way to keep a reef, and that it doesn't have to be super hard or expensive or even take a lot of time. It's an approach that has a lot of value to beginners and experienced reefers alike :)

Thanks John

how is the single AI on the 170? You think enough to pull off some LPS?

The back corners are dim and won't support much of anything on the sandbed back there. It will support lower light LPS on the sandbed and higher light LPS in the middle. My leathers are really getting big and shading corals so a light upgrade is already in the works.

how is the single AI on the 170? You think enough to pull off some LPS?

All this led stuff is new to you??? Remember the good old metal halide days :lol: ?
burtbollinger

actually i think im getting a 170 and tossing an old 150 MH swingarm fixture on it, had been leaning Nuvo 40 but your tank pushed me over the edge to the 170

I'm glad to see all of my guidance and mentorship has finally paid off for you! Seeing our great accomplishment here is truly amazing.

Thank you, everyone!

Archived