ReefCleaners.org

Coral and a Hitchhiker

LbulletM

Okay! Took me a couple of days to find a name. I had this algae as a hitchhiker, but while valonia is ruining my life, I couldn't keep this one alive past the cycle. Possibly because according to a post in 2012 (with Metrokat sourcing John over at Reefcleaners), blue-legged hermit crabs make short work of this stuff and I have one in my tank. :P

Caulerpa Verticillata?

Dang, you're good. That looks exactly like it. I had looked through all kinds of sites trying to find it! I'll be getting a CUC with hermits from John as well, so maybe mine will disappear too!

Just looked up valonia. Didn't realize that was the name for bubble algae. Worried that I may be getting some, too. :unsure: Currently looks more whitish though.

20161201_192234.jpg

20161201_192258.jpg

20161201_192325.jpg

That little dome shaped coral that you posted a little while back is a type of lesser starlet a boulder coral. I have one that is a greenish color & one that is brown/redish.

IMG_2251.jpg

Awesome! Thanks! I got a second shipment of rock that has some that look similar. One is huge! Like 3x3 +

I've been conditioning them in a 5 gallon bucket. They accidentally got sent to me, and I really want to put in some of my Reef Cleaners dry rock that is much more porous, so I'm not too worried about them.

Archived