Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jackie's Nuvo 16g

jstuver

Wow just saw this as I don't follow anyone :( to see the versa come down......when I searched out the versa 42 your posts always popped up...I never set mine up I just went bigger :lol:

Tank looks great but why smaller?

Also pups are nice looking!

Oh my, they are so cute :wub:

I thought the same thing and typed it but then thought wait cute coming from me :lol:

• Like 1

Wow just saw this as I don't follow anyone :( to see the versa come down......when I searched out the versa 42 your posts always popped up...I never set mine up I just went bigger :lol:

I thought the same thing and typed it but then thought wait cute coming from me :lol:

Come to the cute side, they have cookies...

• Like 1

Oh my, they are so cute :wub:

Aren't they adorable!

Haha this made me laugh! It's okay you can say cute we won't tell anyone;)

The reason for the downgrade was I was to the point that I almost just wanted to get out completely but knew I would hate myself if I did so I went with something smaller just to have a change:)

• Like 2

Sad news about our sweet Piper momma, she got increasingly more and more sick so I took her into the vet early this afternoon. They figured she more than likely just had an infection but wanted to do an x-Ray to make sure that no puppies were left inside. Unfortunately a puppy had in fact died and not come out. So she had to have an emergency c-section. It was recommended that she also be spayed at the time to make sure that they could get most of the infection. When the vet called me after the surgery she said her uterus had ruptured and there is a lot of infection, they got as much as possible and have her on some heavy antibiotics. They're hoping to be able to send her home tomorrow but that will only happen if her fever goes down and she starts eating again. In the meantime we are on puppy feeding duty every three hours.

This also comes with a nice big vet bill so in order to pay for that unfortunately I am needing to sell my tank/coral and what not I'm sure I'll be back again but for now it is what it is and my baby is worth way more than any fish tank ever will be.

Pets are family. Stay positive for her, she will need it when she's home

Yes they definitely are! She is now home! The vet tech called around 2pm and said that she was doing remarkably well for how bad it was inside. They had got her fever down but she still wasn't eating well and constantly crying so they decided it would be best if she came home with her pups and us to help her recover. When we got here I could hear her crying in the back and when they brought her out she had a full on freaking out over us moment. We got her in the car and she settled right down and layed on my lap. Got her home and she went right in to taking care of her babes. We also got her to eat tonight so I am hopeful she's on the road to recovery

• Like 1

Maybe being at home is what she needs. Being at the vet is stressful for a lot of animals. I'm glad she's doing well! Keep us posted!

I completely agree she was not happy to be left there yesterday!

Quick question I decided to sell off a bunch of coral and what not to help with the vet bill that way it didn't have to come out of something else seems I have so many expensive things I do lol. Anyway I am wondering if the original skkye lights that come with this tank can sustain a bubbletip anemone. If they can I think I may switch back to those and sell the nanobox. As much as I love the nanobox I only have coral left that really don't need a ton of light and so if the anemone that I still have can do well with the lower light I'll just use those.

Also an update on my Piper girl and her pups. She is doing so well! She started eating almost the second we got her home from the vet and has been eating and taking care of pups non stop. Today she is even more back to herself as she came and played on the couch with me and just watched over her pups from there!

• Like 3

So glad to hear Piper is on the mend. I lost an old english sheepdog to a septic pregnancy. Heartbreaking.

Oh that's horrible, I'm so sorry! I'm glad they caught it and she is healing so well they were definitely surprised at how well she's doing

Good to know the doggos and puppers are happy and healthy again!

wow jackie really sorry to hear all the sad news but your tank looks fantastic and the puppies are adorable.

Yeah we've had a rough couple weeks! Unfortunately to help with the offset of the cost of the vet I sold a ton of my corals, and had planned to basically sell everything but that seems to not go the greatest around here as everyone seems to think you should basically give your stuff away. So I'm thinking it will turn into an anemone tank which is something I debated on doing in the first place. Luckily my rainbow anemone hadn't sold because I hadn't had time to coax it off the rock:) so later as money is a bit better I will probably add some rock flower anemones to it as well!

Well this is how sad my tank looks right now. Hopefully sometime soon I will add back some cheap corals and it will look good again, but for now it's a bit bare looking:( I also added my RW-4 to the tank as I don't think it was getting enough flow.

DSC04107_zpsklakwhrc.jpg

• Like 4

Puppy pic for attention:

DSC04422_zps9jdme0yd.jpg

These "little" munchkins are three weeks old today! I can't believe how fast they grow!

A couple tank pics from yesterday:

FTS February 3, 2017

DSC04123_zpsoa5c3p67.jpg

Top down:

DSC04131_zpsxlnh7pjf.jpg

Added a cleaner shrimp yesterday who really likes to try and grab anyones face that looks over the top of the tank lol, scared the crap out of my daughter tonight:)

DSC04127_zpsdrclqlvc.jpg

DSC04141_zpsvx1hh9qn.jpg

Love this plating sponge:

DSC04139_zpshuxxhyrs.jpg

Spoticinctus clown pair:

DSC04125_zpsa12uqcnj.jpg

Bubbletip anemones:

DSC04134_zpsbvhmhkhx.jpg

• Like 5