Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jackie's Nuvo 16g

jstuver

Well I finally took down my 42g versa and replaced it with this little innovative marine nuvo 16g. This is just a quick cell pic of the process of moving things into this one:)

I'll post more details soonish!

B3A1DD30-09E8-4B4D-898C-05B0822FDD22_zps

• Like 7

Well I finally took down my 42g versa and replaced it with this little innovative marine nuvo 16g. This is just a quick cell pic of the process of moving things into this one:)

It looks nice there. Downsizing?

RIP Sebastian

Like it! Keep an eye on it, though- my second generation 24 burst. But, then again, PolarCollision is fine. Just a heads up!

It looks nice there. Downsizing?

Yep decided I was bored:)

following along :) I loved the versa!

Thanks so much!

Here you are :happy:. I love the stand :wub:.

Isn't it awesome! I got it used for $25!

Like it! Keep an eye on it, though- my second generation 24 burst. But, then again, PolarCollision is fine. Just a heads up!

Yeah I have heard of this generation of tanks having issues, I owned a 38g one and never had a problem so hopefully no issues!

Here is a quick cell shot today after moving everything over last night. I just put the skye lights on because I'm having issues with the nanobox that I bought used. I also still need to find my small magnet cleaner to get rid of lines inside from new sand:)

D27B0371-66D0-456A-9A2B-024136316BAE_zps

Here is what's going on with it if anyone has any ideas of how to fix it:

I bought a used V2 I do believe as it has the limes but the old 3 plug wiring from a member here. When I received it we got it working but since then we unplugged it for a couple weeks while I got my old tank taken down and the new smaller one up, we went to put it on the tank last night and we can not get it working. My husband knows electronics pretty well and noticed when he took it apart that one of the wires had came loose so he resoldered it but still can't get it working. The lights will flash if you move the plug on the bluefish part but that is it.

• Like 7

Beautiful Jackie! I am sorry that you are having trouble with the nanobox. I hope you and your hubby can figure it out.

Thank you! Yeah I contacted Dave so hopefully we can get it figured it out.

• Like 1

Things seem to have transitioned well. The only thing not completely happy is my clam:( I'm hoping it will pull out of whatever is going on with it. We got the nano box light working. I will list my settings here soon, however my palys and zoas are reaching so I'm wondering if I need to up the light they are getting? I just don't want to nuke things since they were under T5 before...

276A8608-5B8A-4A40-8306-629325E36832_zps

8AE98E79-204B-42EF-A603-B88393B13509_zps

554A208E-3291-496D-BE85-EF63B263D5F8_zps

1DB3BFB5-9494-456F-AD7F-E9960731ED76_zps

• Like 1

Took a full tank pic today:

DSC00989_zpsdxir2lsp.jpg

That looks great! I loved my Nuvo 16, but upgraded to Cad mini34 recently. Still kept the Nuvo16 though, trying to run it as frag tank.

the lower back "alley" would get a lot of detritus, I'd recommend a small powerhead back there.

• Like 2

looks great. what nanobox model is that?

Its a nanobox duo I think V2

That looks great! I loved my Nuvo 16, but upgraded to Cad mini34 recently. Still kept the Nuvo16 though, trying to run it as frag tank.

the lower back "alley" would get a lot of detritus, I'd recommend a small powerhead back there.

Thank you! Yeah I upgraded the pump to a 450gph one in the back chamber so I have some good flow:)

Jackie!! This is looking beautiful!

Thanks so much!

Looking great Jackie! That trachy looks way better in your tank than it would have in mine! Such a beautiful reef!

Thank you! haha thank you I love that thing!

Very nice! I'd let the zoas reach for now and slowly increase the Nanobox levels over a month or so.

Thank you and that sounds like a good idea!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Wow it's been a bit since I have been on here. It's been a rough month here we found out my Dad has lung cancer, then my grandpa (my dads dad) passed away about a week later and this week my husbands dad had a quadruple heart bypass! Needless to say we are ready for a break that won't be coming anytime soon with my dads lung cancer. On a good note though we have husky puppies due this coming week that we are so excited about!

As for the tank it's been doing fairly well with me neglecting it for the most part, I did loose my clam as it was never happy after the tank move. Other than that everything is looking good other than my zoas have lost a lot of color. My once mostly green with only slight brown grandis palys are now all brown, my sunny d's that were gorgeous before are ticked off and not ever happy, my eye of saurons that had awesome color and pattern before are now just a reddish color:( Not sure if it's not enough light, too many nutrients or what but I have a water change ready to do tomorrow and maybe if I actually do those they will start looking better.

I also still have my rainbow anemone that seems to be hiding in these pics it tucks itself down behind the blue sponge until midday.

Anyway here are a few pics:

DSC02684_zpsfzamj9cv.jpg

DSC02685_zpstrz9aixc.jpg

DSC02686_zpsg6fwxmeo.jpg

eye of saurons that lost color

DSC02691_zps3fr5a2ij.jpg

Magna paly, ribbon gorgonian, string of pearls, sonic flares

DSC02689_zps7xh2kbpo.jpg

Ticked off and now odd colored sunny d's along with my teal hammer and mushrooms

DSC02683_zpslolzbemp.jpg

Now all brown grandis palys

DSC02678_zpsyo2b5euw.jpg

happy plate

DSC02677_zpsdrggfeee.jpg

jawbreaker mushroom

DSC02675_zps9vthe1fi.jpg

still love this welso/trachy

DSC02672_zpsfmajnxsn.jpg

blue sponge is growing like crazy

DSC02669_zpswrthf3tv.jpg

• Like 2

very nice looking tank. I wish i could get up that level of reefing.

f you are still looking for a magnet to clean windows without damaging inside with sand you can take a look at the tunze care magnet

Looks great in spite of the neglect! I'll be curious to see how the zoas respond to the water change, I've never been able to figure out how much coloration results from water conditions vice lighting.

Lovely looking tank

Thank you:)

very nice looking tank. I wish i could get up that level of reefing.

f you are still looking for a magnet to clean windows without damaging inside with sand you can take a look at the tunze care magnet

Thanks so much:)

Looks great in spite of the neglect! I'll be curious to see how the zoas respond to the water change, I've never been able to figure out how much coloration results from water conditions vice lighting.

Yeah I'm not sure what it is, too much light, not enough light, not enough water changes... Who knows!

• Like 1