Top Shelf Aquatics

Cube Aquascape

Renstar

Hi,

I'm working on my aquascape for what will be an anemone only tank with a couple smaller Zoa islands. The pictures below are what I have so far. The tank is a 24x24x24 60g Cube. The goal is to have a good amount of open space. I don't want the tank to look like 1 giant anemone rock. What you see below is approximately 15-20 lbs of rock.

1st Picture - Front Shot

2nd Picture - Left side of Tank.

1AD3458F-0FE3-43AC-8A82-D33A1D7C70B6.jpg1E12500C-0000-4E91-98E3-5D6B74FDE9B1.jpg

That looks awesome. I really like it.

Just keep a good distance between glass and rock for ease of flow and cleaning

Thank you!

I measured and there should a good 2-3 inches on each side of clearance. I'm hoping that's enough distance. If not I can decrease the distance by moving the side rocks closer together and form a slightly higher arch.

I think I'll be throwing the additional rock down in the sump. I'm worried I won't have enough good bacteria since that scape itself including the 2 smaller zoa islands will be about 25 lbs. For a 60g cube even at 1/2 lb per gallon it feels light.

• 2 months later...

Beautiful scape :wub:
I would try to disguise those joints involving the tonga piece, though
Aquascapes that look like stacked pieces of rock are one of my pet peeves :rolleyes: haha

Beautiful scape :wub:

I would try to disguise those joints involving the tonga piece, though

Aquascapes that look like stacked pieces of rock are one of my pet peeves :rolleyes: haha

Hah I can understand that. Unfortunately, it'll be a bit harder now that the tank is going. I did a crappy job with using the aquaforest stonefix cement so there's clear evidence that I glued pieces together. I'm hoping that the purple coraline growth will cover it. Or eventually won't be visible due to the anemones that will hopefully overtake that rock. Here are current pictures of the setup in my tank... Excuse the blue wash on them.. I took them with my cell instead of my camera.

60E80BD4-ACDD-4B3D-BF69-CD9CF67D1079.jpg

Just cover the ugly joints with coral epoxy of correct color (white in your case?), and use a piece of live rock rubble to press it where you want it. Then you avoid the unnatural smooth look on the epoxy, from molding it in place with your fingers :)
I always use an irregular piece of live rock to mold my coral epoxy in place. It blends in so much better :)

Tank looks amazing from the front, though! :D

Just cover the ugly joints with coral epoxy of correct color (white in your case?), and use a piece of live rock rubble to press it where you want it. Then you avoid the unnatural smooth look on the epoxy, from molding it in place with your fingers :)

I always use an irregular piece of live rock to mold my coral epoxy in place. It blends in so much better :)

Tank looks amazing from the front, though! :D

That's a good call. I'll have to pick up some coral epoxy and do that.

Thank you for the kind words.. Hopefully it all starts to color up and fill up nicely!

Archived