Cultivated Reef

HW marinemix cloudy

beav9900

I got my first box of HW reefer. I mixed up 10 gallons and it mixed very quick and was nice and clear. Did a 5 gallon water change and turned off my mixing pump. 2 days later I check the water in the mixing tank and it's cloudy. I just cleaned the mixing tank so I don't think there is anything in there that caused this. Anyone else have this issue?

I got my first box of HW reefer. I mixed up 10 gallons and it mixed very quick and was nice and clear. Did a 5 gallon water change and turned off my mixing pump. 2 days later I check the water in the mixing tank and it's cloudy. I just cleaned the mixing tank so I don't think there is anything in there that caused this. Anyone else have this issue?

You should keep it constantly mixing from what I have heard. If I ever make more than I use in one batch I always keep it mixing. Typically I just have 15 gallons of heated water ready. I can mix up a batch in 15 minutes in a pinch that way.

Gotcha. I didn't have this issue with reef crystals but had to deal with the brown sludge at the bottom. Seems like each salt mix has their own issues.

That sounds like a precipitation issue to me. I would recommend mixing and using the salt ASAP, but if you need to store if for a short while, doing so with water movement and only heating it right before you plan on using it will be your best bet :D

Archived