Innovative Marine Aquariums

Brad's ADA 60f Mangrove Tunnel

brad908

Wish I could find a rimless 36x16x12, think that would scale to the room better. Might reach out to SCA for another custom tank if the 48x18x14 looks out of place. Planning peninsula style and it will act as a room divider between the front door and rest of the living room. 

2452B69D-1E67-4CC1-A66C-1B4F3AD902F4.png

• Like 3

Started shaping the mangroves again to get them to start grow side to side more. Right now they’re 25-26” side to side.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
RustyRocket
On 5/18/2020 at 8:49 AM, brad908 said:

Started shaping the mangroves again to get them to start grow side to side more. Right now they’re 25-26” side to side.

Are you training them with wires liike Bonsai? 

Btw, I saw your mame overflow has a silencer. Any ideas where I can get one nowadays? I've seemed to have lost mine when I moved house :/

3 hours ago, RustyRocket said:

Are you training them with wires liike Bonsai? 

Btw, I saw your mame overflow has a silencer. Any ideas where I can get one nowadays? I've seemed to have lost mine when I moved house 😕

Yea, I’ve been using wires for years now with my various mangroves, works really well. Just gotta make sure it’s not too tight or the mangroves will scar as they grow into the wire. 

New tank update - we had the house inspection today so I measured out how my 48x18x14 would look as a livingroom divider  and think I need to go with a 36x18x12 tank. Have two quote requests out and hope to have a company start on a tank ASAP. 

• Like 2

Any custom tank builder recommendations?

I have quote requests to Miracles, Aqua Lab, and SCA (made the 48x18x14)

25 minutes ago, brad908 said:

36x18x12 tank quotes are coming back more expensive than I thought. $700-750 😬

Who did you go to ? Glass or acrylic ?

6 minutes ago, spectra said:

Who did you go to ? Glass or acrylic ?

Glass.

OCD Reefs is a local LFS but not sure who they sent out the quote to, SCA, and one more but can’t find the email now. 

still waiting on Miracles and Aqua Lab, but not holding my breath on Miracles quote lol 

Just now, brad908 said:

Glass.

OCD Reefs is a local LFS but not sure who they sent out the quote to, SCA, and one more but can’t find the email now. 

Have you tried Custom Aquarium ? they make a decent rimless tank........the bottom metal is kind of ugly but can hide that in a stand..........

4 hours ago, Rehype said:

Sup brad glad to see the tanks till running looks great!

thanks man, good to see you back on here too. How’s everything going?

5 hours ago, spectra said:

Have you tried Custom Aquarium ? they make a decent rimless tank........the bottom metal is kind of ugly but can hide that in a stand..........

I did email them but haven’t received anything back. 

I just ordered a UNS 75s, it is about 30”x18”x12”, pretty close to what I was hoping for. Found it in stock on one website, so figured I would put in the order now  

E3BB86FB-D062-46B4-A2EC-EA6B90735ED6.jpeg

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, brad908 said:

thanks man, good to see you back on here too. How’s everything going?

Im good man cant complain. So whats the plan for that sexy 26 gallon?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Rehype said:

Im good man cant complain. So whats the plan for that sexy 26 gallon?

The UNS is going to be freshwater mangrove tank. I’m just going to put this 60F in the middle of the UNS tank and cut out the seams of the 60F. Leave the glass bottom of the 60F in the UNS. Then lay a fresh layer of Fiji Pink sand and plant vallisneria torta (basically a sea grass). 

Saltwater tank will either be the 48x18x14, or I have a Landen 60p

3 minutes ago, brad908 said:

The UNS is going to be freshwater mangrove tank. I’m just going to put this 60F in the middle of the UNS tank and cut out the seams of the 60F. Leave the glass bottom of the 60F in the UNS. Then lay a fresh layer of Fiji Pink sand and plant vallisneria torta (basically a sea grass). 

Saltwater tank will either be the 48x18x14, or I have a Landen 60p

Well that sounds awesome. Whats the plans for livestock?

On 5/23/2020 at 6:20 AM, Rehype said:

Well that sounds awesome. Whats the plans for livestock?

Freshwater tank will just be super basic, variety of tetras and maybe some gold longfin danios. Also some sort of combo of fire red cherry shrimp, yellow goldenback shrimp and/or Sunkist orange shrimp. 

Not sure on the 60p saltwater tank besides the Clownfish I’ve had for a few years now. 

Tank update - sent the t5/led Nanobox hybrid and Nanobox duo to Dave today for some updating. 

I wanted to do a nice quartz countertop for the UNS tank but think I might go a much cheaper route after seeing some porcelain pieces today. We are replacing the countertops in the new house, so will try and get as close to those as possible. 

13E87EA6-C812-4620-BB56-2D971B8AEB0B.jpeg

E5AC9C3D-B624-452C-8DCB-707F81B976F6.jpeg

20 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Whatcha getting new from Dave?

Just some love to the Hybrid and Duo lights. Hybrid is having a ceiling hanging kit, new controller and other updates. Duo I think is just getting two updated LED arrays put in. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I’ll email them but doubt it’s actually in stock, the other website had it in stock too (still haven’t been able to get a refund from them). I sent UNS a message last week and that’s how I found out about more stock coming late this month/July. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 4:27 PM, Reefkid88 said:

Yup, out of stock. 

Finally got my refund back last night from the original 75s I ordered.

New floors went into the house yesterday, and today I will be building the stand. Moving into the house on Saturday.