ReefCleaners.org

Brad's ADA 60f Mangrove Tunnel

brad908

Took the dog to the beach on Sunday morning and took a look around the rocks during the low tide. There are definitely much better spots for legitimate tide pools, but just happened to come across these.

34238518542_6f0a97a88e_z.jpg

34012919280_8455ffea90_z.jpg

34012910640_fd1d1cc27a_z.jpg

• Like 9
DCUEVAS74

Great shots buddy and thanks for sharing!  I can wonder around tide pools for hours.  Always something to see.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks very promising.  Are you planning to add macro algaes to the scape or keep it sand and mangroves or try you hand at intergrating corals into the scape?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, flatlandreefer said:

Looks good! Is the tank still fresh water?

Thanks, there is some salt in it, like 3 cups of water from the other tank.   

2 hours ago, neuwave said:

Looks very promising.  Are you planning to add macro algaes to the scape or keep it sand and mangroves or try you hand at intergrating corals into the scape?

Probably just sand, have the other mangrove tank with macros and coral. I want to grow these out and eventually make a larger tank based around them  

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Christopher Marks

Lots of new buds and fresh growth, that's great to see! Are you adding anything to the water to fertilize them?

I am impressed with your patience! I love this project, I can't believe it's already week 36!

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Lots of new buds and fresh growth, that's great to see! Are you adding anything to the water to fertilize them?

I am impressed with your patience! I love this project, I can't believe it's already week 36!

Thanks! Sort of out of sight, out of mind. Think it would be a little harder if the tank wasn't tucked away in a closet. 

I throw in some Seachem Flourish Excel whenever I remember, and ghost feed it some pellet food. 

15 hours ago, Rehype said:

This looks so good bro...I would be tempted to throw some redspot cardinals in there.

Thanks man. I don't think I will try adding fish again, those neon tetra's got sucked up by the AC20 within a few hours. 

25 minutes ago, brad908 said:

Thanks man. I don't think I will try adding fish again, those neon tetra's got sucked up by the AC20 within a few hours. 

I've got an AC70 running on a 20 gallon tank :P Had to use those generic fluval prefilter sponges after I found the first one swimming in the filter looking slightly beat up after its trip through the impeller... 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't know how I missed this build (probably because I was AWOL for the better part of 8 month) but it looks like you are having amazing growth so far. I do enjoy watching your mangrove projects develop. They always inspire me to try my own hand at mangroves but they are just so hard to get your hands on over here.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2017 at 12:40 AM, RollaJase said:

I don't know how I missed this build (probably because I was AWOL for the better part of 8 month) but it looks like you are having amazing growth so far. I do enjoy watching your mangrove projects develop. They always inspire me to try my own hand at mangroves but they are just so hard to get your hands on over here.

If you send me a box, shipping supplies and a prepaid label, I will send you as many as you want. ;)