Top Shelf Aquatics

Brad's ADA 60f Mangrove Tunnel

brad908

On 11/26/2020 at 3:18 PM, lilopop11 said:

Any update brad ??

Shot from the other morning. Mangrove tank is just running smooth at this point. Just do top offs and feeding 

0ADCFE05-5021-4582-AFA7-6F62EAEA402A.jpeg

________

The Waterbox 10 I just ordered will be the clowns new home down in the basement 

6FB7B914-A60B-48A0-B69A-FA84644ACBE7.jpeg

• Like 7
8 hours ago, mdannyg said:

Nice to see an update.  Curious if you have an update on that pretty little saltwater tank you gave us a glimpse of in the last page?

That is going to be moved into the Waterbox 10 cube I just ordered. 

Hi Brad - things are looking AMAZING!  Love your place.  Looking forward to the new cube in the basement. 

I have a question about my mangroves. I have several (growing in freshwater placed in a window) where the new shoots dry up and turn brown and don't actually uncurl and open. The dried tips have come off leaving a woody rounded top. Will new shoots ultimately grow from this rounded tip?  I have a small propagule that I found that never had a tip and after I planted it, several new shoots grew from it.  So I'm thinking the same thing will happen with the bigger ones but it hasn't yet.  I can shoot you a pic if that would help.  I appreciate your thoughts on this!  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 11:52 PM, sr3w said:

I'm just getting back on to this forum after a super long time away. Watching your work is a pretty compelling reason to stay.

Same. Every time I come back from a break, I come looking for Brad's updates most immediately. Love every time he sets up a new tank and hate to see them go. They're works of art!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 11:53 AM, Zer0 said:

Oooh looks so clean! What are the dimensions on this one? Is that a T5/Halide combo light?

Tank is 30x18x12”, ~26 gallons. Light is still my old Nanobox hybrid, 4 LED pucks and 2 T5’s

6970B7B5-E1D0-44E0-B113-2E143EBCDB4D.thumb.jpeg.eba3f8a5a63493c4e58935f7a06c15af.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Wow 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Posted 15second IG story clips of the tank the last two mornings but can’t get them uploaded here. Tank has tons of shrimp now and they keep breeding. 

30B33395-9453-429A-93D1-6457F8B15BA1.thumb.jpeg.dd893dbf952f484943e5361380f51c14.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow 3
1 hour ago, growsomething said:

Are those fw fish?

With how well the mangroves have done over the last 5 years, I never ended up converting this to a salt water tank. 

I’ll give up an update on my SW Waterbox tank soon. 

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/5/2021 at 6:33 PM, brad908 said:

With how well the mangroves have done over the last 5 years, I never ended up converting this to a salt water tank. 

I’ll give up an update on my SW Waterbox tank soon. 

If you've mentioned this before, I apologize, but do you dose anything for the mangroves? 

• 3 months later...