brad908

Brad's ADA 60f Mangrove Tunnel

Just caught up--this is beautiful! Seems like the leaves grow a lot quicker in fresh water. My mangroves have been stuck at 1 pair of leaves for the last couple months!

• Like 3

My understanding is that they are only salt tolerant so that process of removing salt takes a lot of energy that could be used to grow larger. They grow in pots with soil as long as you keep that soil soaking wet. So like a pot with no drainage for example. I suspect they grow fastest in soil using fresh water. 

• Like 1

Hey everyone - will have an update in the next few days. My wife and I relocated from San Francisco to Salt Lake City on Wednesday and just getting settled in. 

This is going to be my main/only tank until we buy a house here. 

• Like 3

This is what the tank looks like these days, just added water last night. Tank has been basically left untouched since my last post. Currently 100% freshwater but will work on getting it to saltwater. 

Around my last post the mangroves did look to have some type of disease (you can actually see the black dots in some pics) and I plucked basically all the leaves off, but growth has been going strong the last few months and they’re looking good. 

The micro sword grass has also grown nicely. This stuff is impossible to kill. Started off as a couple roots and now covers about 65% of the tank. This tank has been through freshwater, saltwater, no water changes, stagnant water, etc. 

Going to hang the light from the ceiling today. 

4B127E14-C1BF-456A-B1BD-F833AB1EFA36.jpeg

• Like 7

Started some running some carbon to clean the tank up a little. 

F9EDEFC4-0969-48EF-9EA7-99474D0739BA.jpeg

A77FF8E8-3F4C-4ACD-B783-952170CE21F5.jpeg

• Like 3

Brad,

I think this was previously asked but not answered - do you have any stocking plans such as invertebrates, or will this be a mangrove + micro sword grass only tank? 

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions