Coral Vue Hydros

Brad's ADA 60f Mangrove Tunnel

brad908

pappadumplingz

Only just got back on NR a few weeks ago, so this was my first time seeing this tank. Great work as usual. Wish I could grow mangroves readily here, but they are just too expensive.

• Like 2

Looking good Brad! Do you have any stocking plans for this one at all or just wanting to keep it focused on the mangroves? Some frogfish would be a really unique addition.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, RollaJase said:

Looking good Brad! Do you have any stocking plans for this one at all or just wanting to keep it focused on the mangroves? Some frogfish would be a really unique addition.

Thanks. It would need to be something with very little maintenance because this tank doesn't really get much attention. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Boggers said:

They have some really tight growth, would that be due to light quantity or  do you trim the top off after a new leaf is produced?

Has to be the light. I haven’t trimmed them since after they grew their first sets of leaves. 

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So simple,yet so pleasing !!! Always been a fan of your tanks. So how easy is this tank ?! I would love something like this,but on a pico level. 

Are you able to start off with full salt water or is there a transitional period ?! 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Another clean tank Brad!

I loved scrolling through this thread just watching them grow! It looks very clean, do you keep the closet door open, or have any issues with humidity in there?

Do you do water changes?

• Like 1

There is the long play; then there is this tank. This concept/plan/execution is simply on another level from just about every other tank. I haven't been in this hobby long, but this is certainty one of the first truly planted saltwater tanks I've seen. Simply nuts. 

• Like 2
On 1/15/2018 at 2:46 PM, yoshii said:

Another clean tank Brad!

I loved scrolling through this thread just watching them grow! It looks very clean, do you keep the closet door open, or have any issues with humidity in there?

Do you do water changes?

Thank you! I usually leave the door slightly cracked and open it up fully pretty often in the evenings and on weekends. No humidity issues. 

I do water changes but no real schedule to it. Once every few months. 

On 1/15/2018 at 5:18 PM, Cannedfish said:

There is the long play; then there is this tank. This concept/plan/execution is simply on another level from just about every other tank. I haven't been in this hobby long, but this is certainty one of the first truly planted saltwater tanks I've seen. Simply nuts. 

Appreciate it! 

38837374585_f622c94bbe_b.jpg

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

Water is a little gross right now. 

Mangrove x micro sword 

28250180219_bbe0d58405_b.jpg

26156193038_b7d2e86fa9_b.jpg

(This microsword just started off as one little clipping back when the tank first started. Idk how it has survived, let alone spread.)

• Like 6

8 fresh 6500’s :) 

I’ve been buying the cheap ones on eBay, think it is like $40 for 8 bulbs. Everything seems to be growing great on both tanks. 

25283996607_5e7e981e2e_b.jpg

40123411932_f9e0b830c7_b.jpg

• Like 3
On 1/15/2018 at 2:46 PM, yoshii said:

Another clean tank Brad!

Do you do water changes?

Update, I bought a thermometer/hygrometer a few days ago. 

The closet when closed stays at 45-50% humidity and temperature is 74-78*F

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B075RXJ7VK?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd

• Like 3