dirtrider225

Large healthy Maxima + Coral Beauty angel = ?

Maxima and CB angel  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had issues with a pair like this?

• Yes, Right away
    • Nope, not yet
    • Yes but only after a year of having them both
    • Dont buy the clam or get rid of the fish

dirtrider225

I have a well behaved coral beauty, doesnt nip on anything that ive seen yet. SPS, LPS, euphillia, notta. However i managed to get a good deal on a large clam coming up. Near 5 inches for a maxima and been in a tank for the last year and a half. I pick it up on saturday..

Have you guys had issues or no with this? Itll be my first clam!

Seems like its impossible to have fish and coral.. so far gobies are the only thing ive heard of that dont eat at least something sometimes :/

Reeferadicto

Idk about coral beauty but I used to have a potter angel that kill my clam an acans so I have to sell it

Always nipin Even tho I fed him well

Groot

Seems like its impossible to have fish and coral.. so far gobies are the only thing ive heard of that dont eat at least something sometimes :/

I know what you mean I just had to get rid of my White Line Blenny he was nipping at my coral.

tetraodon

its a toss up, coral beautys are varied when it comes to nipping, they can see everything as a buffet or never nip anything. so get them and see what happens, if you see nipping, then separate them.

matt1977

You never know with a coral beauty. Some thinks they are at a buffet and some dont even touch the corals... I was luck as I bought mine from an LFS that had it in their coral sale tank.

dirtrider225

He hasnt touched my acan frag. It only has 6 or 7 heads though so idk. Guess we will see what happens!

RayWhisperer

I had a CB in a mixed reef with a blue squammosa. Probably 2 years together, no issues.

dirtrider225

So far we are on day 3 with no issues lol