Pod Your Reef

New Cobalt C-View Tanks?

Cove

7 hours ago, burtbollinger said:

i really dont understand the desire to be a beta tester with these tanks...if youre into that kind of thing or you run a bunch of tanks, sure...but I can't imagine not having a tank and purposely WAITING, for Cobalt to come out.

Wouldn't you think that Cobalt benchmarked these upcoming tanks against IM and some of the other well regarded brands to know what they had to deliver to reefers in order to be successful with them?  I realize that just like with every other product, they'll make improvements in later releases, but it does give people another choice that at this point that seems promising given the features they've highlighted.  I'm surprised they haven't promoted them more than at just a few shows. 

Does anyone know what kind of lights are on these tanks in these pictures?

https://reefbuilders.com/2016/11/04/c-view-all-in-one-aquariums-unveiled-by-cobalt-aquatics/#

On 3/13/2017 at 8:30 AM, Hunt3r said:

They send me a this message when i asked them about the dimension they gave me.

"no, actually, it's not right - that would be only 13 gallons, that is the size we decided not to make.

sizes are:
39 gal 36x18x14

They told me there is nothing wider than the 45gallon 25" model when I asked.. lol, what the heck?! That 39g tank is almost exactly what I'm after dimensions wise, I've been really close to pulling the trigger on a Fusion 30L. It would be a display of roughly 36 x ~13 x 14, but with usable filter sock support and a less-cramped rear chamber.

Hot diggity, I need to confirm that now. They need to release official literature on these tanks!

On 3/15/2017 at 7:54 PM, SeaFurn said:

Wouldn't you think that Cobalt benchmarked these upcoming tanks against IM and some of the other well regarded brands to know what they had to deliver to reefers in order to be successful with them?  I realize that just like with every other product, they'll make improvements in later releases, but it does give people another choice that at this point that seems promising given the features they've highlighted.  I'm surprised they haven't promoted them more than at just a few shows. 

Does anyone know what kind of lights are on these tanks in these pictures?

https://reefbuilders.com/2016/11/04/c-view-all-in-one-aquariums-unveiled-by-cobalt-aquatics/#

This is exactly why. Why would I purchase a IM or a Fluval if Cobalt's product is better and cheaper? I guess I should have said I have been waiting for it to come out and see the pricing, specs, etc. But I am not in a rush to get my next tank. Isn't this hobby all about research, research, research?

• Like 1
jnguyen5820
6 hours ago, melson said:

This is exactly why. Why would I purchase a IM or a Fluval if Cobalt's product is better and cheaper? I guess I should have said I have been waiting for it to come out and see the pricing, specs, etc. But I am not in a rush to get my next tank. Isn't this hobby all about research, research, research?

And patience

burtbollinger
On 3/15/2017 at 6:54 PM, SeaFurn said:

Wouldn't you think that Cobalt benchmarked these upcoming tanks against IM and some of the other well regarded brands to know what they had to deliver to reefers in order to be successful with them?

no.

and if Cobalt heaters are an indication of Cobalt "delivering to reefers",   I'd REALLY not want to be an early adopter.

8 hours ago, StevieT said:

They are basically the JBJ rimless tanks.  Prob. made in the same factory

Yep.

15 hours ago, melson said:

Isn't this hobby all about research, research, research?

Yeah...I let others do the research on equipment.  when it comes to testing new, unproven Chinese garbage from a shipping container, that if it fails...kills thousands in livestock and ruins my floors...I tend to not go first.  This isn't a hobby where I'm looking to break any new ground.  

• Like 1
On 3/18/2017 at 0:56 AM, burtbollinger said:

Yeah...I let others do the research on equipment.  when it comes to testing new, unproven Chinese garbage from a shipping container, that if it fails...kills thousands in livestock and ruins my floors...I tend to not go first.  This isn't a hobby where I'm looking to break any new ground.  

I understand that.  I'll be appreciative of anyone who tries them out and let's us all know how they are though.  Just as I was appreciative of you trying out the Walt Smith 2.1 rock and letting us know you wouldn't recommend it.  That actually helped me. That's what these forums are about...people sharing their experiences. 

• Like 2
gone_PHiSHin

classic burtbollinger, but hey he's right

and you are also correct, sharing others' experiences through forums is a HUGE resource.  I prefer to learn from others' mistakes instead of making them myself...and losing time/money/livestock from it.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
burtbollinger
26 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Here it is almost September and nada....   Did anyone see these tanks at MACNA this year?

Yes.

They were showing them at MACNA.  18, 26, 40, & 45 were shown...they said they are now putting the finishing touches on the box artwork and the C-Vue tanks are beginning pre-ordering for distributors.

No date given other than...."soon."  

• Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

I'll give this a bump, it looks like Cobalt C-View tanks are now hitting stores: 

Yesssss! Checking the dims out now

• Like 1