Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New Cobalt C-View Tanks?

Cove

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Josh125 said:

I watched their live Facebook video which showed their booth.  It certainly didn't look like the were launching anything at the show.  Very tiny booth with one tank.....

It seems they just diplayed it. Im guessing the one in the picture is the 30g

Just called Cobalt aquatics they said early spring so i am thinking sometime after march 20th.I was able to get the measurments for the 26gallon that is what i am looking for its 24x18x14

Went to reefstock last week and they had the 18g displayed there. Wasn't running or anything but it gave a good idea of what they were coming out with. I was really surprised just how wide the back sump chamber was; It was a good 4 inches. They had the tank on a nice, acrylic? Black stand which very nice. 

I talked to the guys there for a bit but they didnt say much that we don't already know about it. They said they're really pushing for a march release but have been telling people spring as they're still working out a few kinks being as these are by far their largest and most complex tank systems they've come out with, getting them manufactured has been a struggle.

I attached a photo of their booth at reefstock, you can see the tank on the far left side in the black stand. (The lights aren't included as they're just the cheep lights they use on their microvue Aquariums)

IMG_1216.JPG

On 3/5/2017 at 0:50 PM, jnguyen5820 said:

Cool, I wonder what the dimension is for the 18 gallon version will be. I hope it's not like a cube.

Not a cube! Looks to be similar to the old IM Nuvo 16s

jnguyen5820
On 3/7/2017 at 2:57 PM, Hunt3r said:

I got the dimension for 18g its 16x16x12h.

Wouldn't that volume be around 13 gallons for a 16x16x12? I got that from a aquarium calculator.  

34 minutes ago, jnguyen5820 said:

Wouldn't that volume be around 13 gallons for a 16x16x12? I got that from a aquarium calculator.  

Hmmm shoot i think cobalt gave me a wrong dimension. I messaged them through facebook and gave me that dimension. Im think its for a micro vue not the c-vue.

jnguyen5820
On 3/8/2017 at 3:39 PM, Hunt3r said:

Hmmm shoot i think cobalt gave me a wrong dimension. I messaged them through facebook and gave me that dimension. Im think its for a micro vue not the c-vue.

Hmmm, you were right. They gave me the exact same dimensions for the 18 gallon version... Maybe a type on their part?

On 3/10/2017 at 11:38 AM, jnguyen5820 said:

Hmmm, you were right. They gave me the exact same dimensions for the 18 gallon version... Maybe a type on their part?

They send me a this message when i asked them about the dimension they gave me.

"no, actually, it's not right - that would be only 13 gallons, that is the size we decided not to make.

sizes are:
18 gal 20 x 16 x 12
26 gal 24x18x14
39 gal 36x18x14
45 gal 25x22x19

• Like 3
jnguyen5820
15 minutes ago, Hunt3r said:

They send me a this message when i asked them about the dimension they gave me.

"no, actually, it's not right - that would be only 13 gallons, that is the size we decided not to make.

sizes are:
18 gal 20 x 16 x 12
26 gal 24x18x14
39 gal 36x18x14
45 gal 25x22x19

Nice!, that's exactly what I hope that they would do. 

jnguyen5820

I think it might be like $200-250 for the 18g.

But with the IM 20, it would be around that price too if you upgrade the pump. Even more when you get a better basket.

So even at $250 their (Cobalt) tank might still be a better buy.

I have been waiting and waiting for this line of tanks to come out. I am dying to know how they stack up against IM and Fluval's AIO. If Cobalt's price is better I will definitely be jumping on the bandwagon for one.

burtbollinger

i really dont understand the desire to be a beta tester with these tanks...if youre into that kind of thing or you run a bunch of tanks, sure...but I can't imagine not having a tank and purposely WAITING, for Cobalt to come out.

• Like 1