Pod Your Reef

New Cobalt C-View Tanks?

Cove

Did a quick search and found nothing on these.

Looks like Cobalt Aquatics is launching a new line of AIO tanks called C-view.

-3 side low iron

-mitred edges

-large sump compartments

-filter socks

-18,26,35,45g sizes

Looks pretty promising.

Anyone have any more information on these tanks?

• Like 1

Could give IM a run for the money, especially if that rear AIO is not a cramped proprietary mess.

Not a fan of the black silicone. The mitered corners look much better with clear

I agree with what both of you said. I am very interested to find out more information on these tanks. Eyeing the 45g model!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Yeah I haven't been able to find anything else on them. Looks like a solid tank though, I'm really interested.

You might consider contacting Cobalt Aquatics on twitter/Facebook, they might give you some more info.

I got an email back that said there should be retail February. If in the market for a new tank, I would personally hold out. IM has some design nitpicks that you won't realise until owning the tank, so seeing what they'll come forward with should be worth the wait.

• Like 1

The main nitpicks being the pumps aren't that great and most people end up changing them, default socks are small and a pain to clean, rear compartments have a false-floor which detritus can settle under in an un-cleanable location and the chambers are too small for most non-IM vendor gear.

Love my fusion tanks, but they're not perfect. More vendor competition will mean we all benefit.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep. I'm in the same boat I have been holding out checking their Facebook page everyday expecting the release any day, so I got frustrated and called, the gentleman I spoke to muttered something about putting the fishing touches on the stands before the release. I'm not waiting that long and it looks like I'm down to either the innovative marine fusion 25 lagoon or 50 lagoon. Just not crazy about a 12" height on the the 25 but not liking the HUGE jump in price for the 50 not to mention all of the other costs with the larger tank.

• Like 1

God Dammit. I think I want to try one of these out over a IM one. I am almost just going say F them and move on.

FFS. I'm in the same boat, an April release = a sale to IM in Q1. Pull it together Cobalt, I'm not buying your stand anyway. TAKE MY MONEY!

Yep. I'm in the same boat I have been holding out checking their Facebook page everyday expecting the release any day, so I got frustrated and called, the gentleman I spoke to muttered something about putting the fishing touches on the stands before the release. I'm not waiting that long and it looks like I'm down to either the innovative marine fusion 25 lagoon or 50 lagoon. Just not crazy about a 12" height on the the 25 but not liking the HUGE jump in price for the 50 not to mention all of the other costs with the larger tank.

The 50 would be nice. But dam they are demanding some $$$ for that.

I am hoping the C View has a better chamber setup. The IM leaves you limited.

Yeah seems disproportionate going from $250.00 to $750.00 shipped on BRS. Best price I have seen is $600.00 shipped from saltwateraquarium.com plus 5%back on future purchase seems like as good as its gonna get will start a build thread when I figure out how much cash I'm gonna hemmeroge

What the....April? Fine.... it better be worth the wait. I'll just slow buy equipment every two to three weeks to keep me busy till it comes out. And i could just start curing my dry rock in the meantime also.

• 3 weeks later...