Cultivated Reef

Kimber's Old Tank Thread

kimberbee

Pretty setting, not the norm.

Apparently not!! I had seen similar all over Pinterest - hey he asked for ideas. I told him I wanted something swoopy, he said it was hard to find. :wub:

• Like 2

Apparently not!! I had seen similar all over Pinterest - hey he asked for ideas. I told him I wanted something swoopy, he said it was hard to find. :wub:

i thought you said it required batteries
  • Like 4
  • 1 month later...

So, a sh!t ton has happened in the last month...

We got engaged and within two weeks we had the venue, photographer, DJ, and officiant booked. And no, I did not have any of them picked out ahead of time. We also have the cake picked out, the photo booth company on contract, I just ordered a dress online, and I'm going to my mom's tomorrow to finalize flower/centerpiece arrangements. I also know what Save-The-Dates, Invitations, and RSVP's I will be ordering next month.

I also started a new position at work. I trained for 2 afternoons right before Christmas, and moved my desk on the first business day of the new year. I am no longer in the Treasury department opening/closing bank accounts, ordering supplies, and reconciling accounts for our 400+ locations. I am now in Government Affairs - and most of what I do is check and invoice processing, registering quarterly/monthly in different states, and taking in payroll contributions.

Our department pays outside consultants to make sure laws aren't passed that would negatively effect our business. It's very political - I'm not political. But I don't get yelled at or have to take care of ALL THE EMAILS anymore, so it's all good. I do still have to deal with the new guy sometimes. He's so awkward.

I got sick for a full week shortly after the new year - some things in my tank suffered (black sun coral is receding) while other things are flourishing (acan has gained a few heads and SPS are coloring up) because I was unable to get to my water change.

I still like cats better than dogs.

• Like 9

So, a sh!t ton has happened in the last month...

We got engaged and within two weeks we had the venue, photographer, DJ, and officiant booked. And no, I did not have any of them picked out ahead of time. We also have the cake picked out, the photo booth company on contract, I just ordered a dress online, and I'm going to my mom's tomorrow to finalize flower/centerpiece arrangements. I also know what Save-The-Dates, Invitations, and RSVP's I will be ordering next month.

I also started a new position at work. I trained for 2 afternoons right before Christmas, and moved my desk on the first business day of the new year. I am no longer in the Treasury department opening/closing bank accounts, ordering supplies, and reconciling accounts for our 400+ locations. I am now in Government Affairs - and most of what I do is check and invoice processing, registering quarterly/monthly in different states, and taking in payroll contributions.

Our department pays outside consultants to make sure laws aren't passed that would negatively effect our business. It's very political - I'm not political. But I don't get yelled at or have to take care of ALL THE EMAILS anymore, so it's all good. I do still have to deal with the new guy sometimes. He's so awkward.

I got sick for a full week shortly after the new year - some things in my tank suffered (black sun coral is receding) while other things are flourishing (acan has gained a few heads and SPS are coloring up) because I was unable to get to my water change.

I still like cats better than dogs.

Don't worry. With marriage comes a great deal of reality. You'll soon prefer dogs over cats.

I miss the email complaints :(

How about some new guy stories?

• Like 4

Don't worry. With marriage comes a great deal of reality. You'll soon prefer dogs over cats.

I miss the email complaints :(

How about some new guy stories?

I think someone gave him a black eye.. but I don't want to ask. Dude is kind of creepy actually...

• Like 3

I think someone gave him a black eye.. but I don't want to ask. Dude is kind of creepy actually...

Hmmmm, scratch marks on his arms/hands?

Does he drive a van?

• Like 2

My one giant blue mushroom has split into 3 now!!

Also, while trying to up the feeding I am now getting a lot of diatoms. Seems the snails I got from Reef Cleaners a few months ago have already kicked the bucket.

• Like 1

I tell ya, I got some scarlet hermits last week, 5 but I see 2 now. I think my Harlequin star had a snack!! It's hard to keep a clean up crew going, it's either one thing or another.

• Like 1