Coral Vue Hydros

Kimber's Old Tank Thread

kimberbee

12 hours ago, kimberbee said:

@SanchoLike I have room for that in my house... We have 1100 sq ft. I've lived in apartments that were bigger. I dunno where the hell I'd keep that!! 

I also have 1100 sq ft. Keep mine on the patio......I roll it in when it's water makin time. 

Pinner Reef
2 minutes ago, Sancho said:

I also have 1100 sq ft. Keep mine on the patio......I roll it in when it's water makin time. 

You live in Cali.... It's Butt ass cold in Chi-town

• Like 1
Just now, Pinner Reef said:

You live in Cali.... It's Butt ass cold in Chi-town

I don't make water outside. I open the slider roll it to the kitchen plug my di line into it add salt, pump and go to bed. In the morning I have nicely mixed SW and no water on my floors...then I just push it to the tank that needs the water 

• Like 1
Pinner Reef

Oh, haha I thought you were saying you store the water outside. If Kimber tried that she'd just have a bucket of ice and probably some frozen RODI lines

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Sancho said:

I don't make water outside. I open the slider roll it to the kitchen

First - leaves, bird poop, and twigs... I don't want to have to clean it out every week. Second - three steps up to get it into the house. That seems more complicated to me that 2 jugs that sit in a utility closet! 

10 hours ago, spectra said:

I have this thing called a garage :blink: that's where I make the magic happen.........oh wait :lol:

Garage? My car goes in there!!! 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, kimberbee said:

First - leaves, bird poop, and twigs... I don't want to have to clean it out every week. Second - three steps up to get it into the house. That seems more complicated to me that 2 jugs that sit in a utility closet! 

Garage? My car goes in there!!! 

Well my truck wont fit in there :wacko: and its where I keep the boat :lol: but there is dome room left over..........

Sounds like you need a bigger garage...........

• Like 1

I've had 5 addresses in the past 5 years and every time I move, I pack up a room-full of crafts and promise myself I'll set up my own corner where I can be creative. In 5 years, that hasn't happened. This past week got me motivated to make a change. I'm going to start blogging and making videos of my knitting, sewing, painting... whatever I feel like making, I'm going to document it. Might even be selling some of the cooler items online! 

I got a blog started earlier this week to help get me going: http://kimberdoesstuff.blogspot.com/

33468325481_529d02bd39_z.jpg

• Like 9
10 hours ago, spectra said:

Good for you!

I need a hobby...... drinking beer doesn't cut it :rolleyes:

Nick has been working so much lately. If I don't have anything planned to do, I sit on the couch eating junk food and watching netflix for hours. Then when I get sick of that, I clean the house and yell at the dogs for hours. I need to find a better use of my time!! 

• Like 1

I should have a nice big post (with pictures!!!) Later this week. 

I am also back on instagram: kimbomk   I was messing around with it this morning on the train but the app kept crashing. :closedeyes:

• Like 1

The first fish I ever got were my two black and white clownfish in July of 2014. The male is Lenny and the female is Squiggy. I got them 10 days after picking up my used BioCube, and was so nervous about keeping them happy. 

21638256634_56c6928ca8_z.jpg

They used to always swim in the upper left corner of the BioCube and I worried it meant they didn't like the rest of their home. I didn't understand at first, that they just liked being in their own little spot. 

15715843454_7e821be2fa_z.jpg

After almost 2 years in the BioCube, they were upgraded to an IM 40. Top left was still their favorite spot. 

25819978054_1b4e716c2d_z.jpg

26186761404_1264e2b49b_z.jpg

Unfortunately, my arms are short and I had a hard time doing maintenance on their new home, so they downgraded after only a few months to a Lagoon 25.

28626555112_1bb509c8ac_z.jpg

30733602700_efdb053ac2_z.jpg

Lenny and Squiggy settled in nicely, and after a few weeks, Squiggy decided to make the Duncan her new home! 

30987120111_33e2608178_z.jpg

BONUS PIC!!! 

19112480244_f4d187c911_z.jpg

• Like 9
10 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Thanks for the little story - it brings back memories of when Lenny and Squiggy were just little kids :)

It was fun looking back on all my pictures too - I sure went through some ugly stages! But had my share of beautiful stages as well. 

I had forgotten about when I'd taken everything out of the biocube because my corals were all starting to die... Back to a time when I had no frag racks... 

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Diver's Den has a PSW. Unfortunately, because of month end bs I definitely need to be in the office next week. :angry:

Tell them you need to take off anyway. Because priorities.

I missed my little tanks 1st birthday Sunday!!! How could I?!?

I'll leave you with a picture from 4 months ago, and I'll get a proper birthday post up later this week!! 

30925003445_941974f06c_c.jpg

• Like 8