Coral Vue Hydros

Kimber's Old Tank Thread

kimberbee

So I shot a video yesterday - a couple of clips I wanted to edit together. 

I spent an HOUR in Windows Movie Maker putting it together. I was about to add finishing touches when the program just became unresponsive. It didn't crash or anything... I tried shutting it down and reopening - It just didn't respond to any of my clicks... Ugh. So then I tried Shotcut. Again, got to the finishing touches... and I couldn't get it to do what I wanted. 45 minutes searching for tutorials didn't help. UGH!! 

I then downloaded Filmora. Another hour of working and it was finally done. Just about perfect and exactly what I wanted. Until I found out that Filmora puts a watermark on videos if you only have the free trial!! :rant:

Anyway, 3 hours of work later, I was done. I'll get the licensed software for Filmora later today, because it seems like a really easy and full-featured software to use. I'm just still in my pjs and don't feel like being productive yet...

• Like 2
3 hours ago, kimberbee said:

So I shot a video yesterday - a couple of clips I wanted to edit together. 

I spent an HOUR in Windows Movie Maker putting it together. I was about to add finishing touches when the program just became unresponsive. It didn't crash or anything... I tried shutting it down and reopening - It just didn't respond to any of my clicks... Ugh. So then I tried Shotcut. Again, got to the finishing touches... and I couldn't get it to do what I wanted. 45 minutes searching for tutorials didn't help. UGH!! 

I then downloaded Filmora. Another hour of working and it was finally done. Just about perfect and exactly what I wanted. Until I found out that Filmora puts a watermark on videos if you only have the free trial!! :rant:

Anyway, 3 hours of work later, I was done. I'll get the licensed software for Filmora later today, because it seems like a really easy and full-featured software to use. I'm just still in my pjs and don't feel like being productive yet...

Sounds like a pain!

I still have no test kits, but since I should be starting a new job at the end of the month I can go ahead and get some on order. 

In the mean time, I'm doing an extra water change today, because I'm sure this is bad. What causes this?

37242456010_ed8000c785_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Today I tackled the task of swapping out my old custom stand for the new APS stand.

37701050061_99459a3698_z.jpg

I started by emptying a majority of the water into 5 gallon buckets and then putting loose corals in the buckets. 

37701049991_7ff2eda580_z.jpg

I left the biggest rock structures alone in my tank, and didn't want anything on the sand in case the rock toppled over. 

37668655032_6a74f6618e_z.jpg

Of course, I had my husband help me lift the tank off the old stand and put on the new stand. 

37701056221_133755d7e6_z.jpg

Really happy with how it looks!! 

• Like 6
7 hours ago, spectra said:

Looks good but the video made my head spin and I am not even drinking yet ;) 

Whoops!! :lol:

7 hours ago, Halo_003 said:

Man that was almost sickening to watch. :o

Cool though, useful to see how easy they are to actually put together.

Very, very easy! The hardest part was probably peeling off all the plastic!

• Haha 1

I started a new job Monday, and haven't been able to sneak onto Nano-Reef during the day... :ninja:

Tanks are still doing well, and basically don't need much attention. 

I did forget to turn on the ATO for the 10 gallon earlier this week (I honestly have no idea how long it was off) and the return pump was spitting out bubbles when I got home last night. Surprisingly, the salinity wasn't that for off. My tanks are normally at 1.025, and it was at 1.027. Lucky me!  

• Haha 2

A couple weekends ago I swapped tank stands under my lagoon tank. I had to empty out a majority of the tank (corals and water) to be able to lift it onto the new stand. 

Anyone who has done something like this (or swapped tanks, or moved tanks) knows how stressful it can be! I made a video sort of showing the steps I took to get everything moved around. I was very careful and nothing got damaged or died!! 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, kimberbee said:

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

38590276821_079cf90078_z.jpgIMG_7415 by kimothy182, on Flickr

38590274311_c8b1789b59_z.jpgIMG_7416 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Best $15 I ever spent on my reef. I'm in love. 

Also realized, while using my macro lens that my eyes are not what they used to be. I  honestly couldn't really see what I was focusing the camera on. I just let it auto-focus on the blue bits and clicked. :closedeyes:

What was the $15? A macro lens? I’m looking to get the Moment case and Macro lens for my 8 Plus soon.

21 hours ago, kimberbee said:

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

38590276821_079cf90078_z.jpgIMG_7415 by kimothy182, on Flickr

38590274311_c8b1789b59_z.jpgIMG_7416 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Best $15 I ever spent on my reef. I'm in love. 

Also realized, while using my macro lens that my eyes are not what they used to be. I  honestly couldn't really see what I was focusing the camera on. I just let it auto-focus on the blue bits and clicked. :closedeyes:

Those look fantastic Kim. Sometimes it isn't about a $100 coral. It's about happiness. 

Oh and bad news...the eye thing...gets worse. I should have brought my readers to Aquatic Experience lol

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, Halo_003 said:

What was the $15? A macro lens? I’m looking to get the Moment case and Macro lens for my 8 Plus soon.

No, I've had the macro lens for a couple years, that things was more like $500... 

The blueberry gorg was only $15. I'd always thought they were so expensive, but my 2in wide x 3in tall healthy frag was only $15.  

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

No, I've had the macro lens for a couple years, that things was more like $500... 

The blueberry gorg was only $15. I'd always thought they were so expensive, but my 2in wide x 3in tall healthy frag was only $15.  

What do you feed the blueberry? NPS gorgonians can be finicky and just wither away over time. I gave up on them and just have a select few gorgonians that are growing well and easy to take care of.

Yours looks great!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, spectra said:

What do you feed the blueberry? NPS gorgonians can be finicky and just wither away over time. I gave up on them and just have a select few gorgonians that are growing well and easy to take care of.

Yours looks great!

I've only had it for 3 weeks... fingerscrossed

I feed it reef roids and coralific delight, mostly. I also got oyster eggs so I'll try that too. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2017 at 10:57 AM, kimberbee said:

I've only had it for 3 weeks... fingerscrossed

I feed it reef roids and coralific delight, mostly. I also got oyster eggs so I'll try that too. 

My red nps is going on three weeks too...so far so good :scarry:

• Like 1
On 11/24/2017 at 7:54 AM, kimberbee said:

Ahhhh gotcha. I was thinking the quality was awesome and was a bit confused. That's a great price for the gorg.

• Like 1