Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kimber's Old Tank Thread

kimberbee

49 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Sounds like all good things!  

Breath and Enjoy it before it's over. :)  

This, exactly!!

Thx for sticking your head in and updating us, now go back and enjoy the fun!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Life has gotten much busier the last few months. 

Nick stopped working like a crazy person, summer has been filled with fests/swimming/bonfires/baseball games/family cookouts, the yard needs to be mowed more and weeds need to be pulled, our roof leaked and that was a fun weekend (...not), two of our friends had babies, and oh yeah... we're down to only 37 days until the wedding. We've been busy, busy, busy - I don't think we've had a free weekend since the beginning of June. 

I'm still lurking around when work is slow. I'll get back into it when things calm down... maybe...

We're going away for a weekend with friends in October, honeymoon in November, possibly Phoenix in December. We also need to get the house ready to go on the market before Christmas so we can proceed with getting the new house built by next summer...

Happy reefing to everyone!! :flower:

Wow....it goes so fast!  I'm excited about your new house plans.  Have you decided where yet?  We've been discussing our next move.  My son is a senior this year, so we can do whatever we want after he graduates :).  We're looking at possibly Colorado.  I'm ready to move!  I love it here but I'm ready for something new.  I will really miss this place though.  and some things I won't miss.

try not to stress out too much with the busy busy stuff :).

• Like 1
9 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Life has gotten much busier the last few months. 

Nick stopped working like a crazy person, summer has been filled with fests/swimming/bonfires/baseball games/family cookouts, the yard needs to be mowed more and weeds need to be pulled, our roof leaked and that was a fun weekend (...not), two of our friends had babies, and oh yeah... we're down to only 37 days until the wedding. We've been busy, busy, busy - I don't think we've had a free weekend since the beginning of June. 

I'm still lurking around when work is slow. I'll get back into it when things calm down... maybe...

We're going away for a weekend with friends in October, honeymoon in November, possibly Phoenix in December. We also need to get the house ready to go on the market before Christmas so we can proceed with getting the new house built by next summer...

Happy reefing to everyone!! :flower:

Sounds like "life" has started!

Congrats, have fun!

...........maybe one last Elsa video? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

My lagoon tank turned one year on Sunday! Just in time for me to go through with the re-do. I really want to move it more towards a softy/LPS tank.

I am hoping to get updated pics up today or tomorrow, and maybe a video this weekend?? Calm down though, it'll likely be an old video. Elsa will make a return soon, but not this week. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 1
12 hours ago, kimberbee said:

My lagoon tank turned one year on Sunday! Just in time for me to go through with the re-do. I really want to move it more towards a softy/LPS tank.

I am hoping to get updated pics up today or tomorrow, and maybe a video this weekend?? Calm down though, it'll likely be an old video. Elsa will make a return soon, but not this week. :lol:

omgomgomg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

My life is just too busy!!! :tears:

No worries, we love you, here have a smooshy N-R hug!!! :grouphug:

Do whatcha gotta do and say "hi" when you can!!

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been busy busy busy!! 

The wedding was Friday and we had a blast! I have to wait 4-6 weeks for pro pictures to come back to us though... :(

I seem to have lost one of the anemone shrimps (mia for 2 weeks) in my RFA tank, as well as my pom pom crab (mia since thursday). The lagoon tank is doing ok, but could be better - there is just ugly orange algae all over the sand bed all the time. 

I am considering joining in the next pico contest, or possibly setting up a third tank! :o I'll definitely have the time for it - I gave notice at my job and will be going from working full-time downtown to working part-time remotely until we move/I find a new job in Indiana. 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, kimberbee said:

The wedding was Friday and we had a blast! I have to wait 4-6 weeks for pro pictures to come back to us though... :(

I seem to have lost one of the anemone shrimps (mia for 2 weeks) in my RFA tank, as well as my pom pom crab (mia since thursday). The lagoon tank is doing ok, but could be better - there is just ugly orange algae all over the sand bed all the time. 

I am considering joining in the next pico contest, or possibly setting up a third tank! :o I'll definitely have the time for it - I gave notice at my job and will be going from working full-time downtown to working part-time remotely until we move/I find a new job in Indiana. 

Except for the losses...I love this update :D

• Like 1

Yay congrats!!!  I just saw my pom pom for the first time in like a month, so don't give up hope!  Having you along for the pico contest would be fun!

• Wow 1

Congratulations!!!

6 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Are you moving soon?

And what stand are you using under the 25 lagoon?

1 hour ago, metrokat said:

Congratulations!!!

Are you moving soon?

And what stand are you using under the 25 lagoon?

Hi there Kat!! 

We plan to move to NW Indiana (we're s. suburbs of Chicago now) in the spring/summer. Nick helped me make a custom stand that the tank sits on now - there is a shelf for electronics/wires and Rho's litter box is below. It's great, but chunky. I am very likely going to get the IM stand for when we move. 

• Like 1

Things are still busy over here!! 

Only 10 more days in the office!! I'm very nervous though - I'm not sure the position has even been posted, and there's really not much time left to hire and train someone. I need to clean out my office/fish room/cat room ASAP. It's a mess, but I am going to need space to work since they are going to send me home with a laptop to remote into our servers. 

The last water change I did was Tuesday before the wedding, so 10 days ago. At this point, I may as well wait until next Tuesday to do the water change again so I don't interrupt my weekend relaxation to do it before then. I plan to pick up test kits at the LFS this weekend and until then I'm kind of guesstimating dosing, based off of the tests I did last month with my expired kits! :o Shhh...

I think my AutoAqua Smart ATO is going out. Fingers crossed it just needs to be cleaned... I forgot to fill my reservoir Wednesday and the alarm went off while I was out. Nick had to fill the reservoir and reset the ATO, but he knows how to do that correctly. I noticed yesterday that the water level in the back chambers of the tank were too low, as if the ATO hadn't kicked on all day. No bueno. I made sure there was water in the reservoir, turned off the ATO, brushed the sensor gently with a toothbrush while leaving it in the tank, and then turned everything back on. This morning the water seemed low again. I can handle manual top offs this weekend or until I feel like taking it apart for a better cleaning - but I don't really don't want to have to buy a new unit. :(

• Like 3

Things are still busy over here!! 

Only 10 more days in the office!! I'm very nervous though - I'm not sure the position has even been posted, and there's really not much time left to hire and train someone. I need to clean out my office/fish room/cat room ASAP. It's a mess, but I am going to need space to work since they are going to send me home with a laptop to remote into our servers. 

The last water change I did was Tuesday before the wedding, so 10 days ago. At this point, I may as well wait until next Tuesday to do the water change again so I don't interrupt my weekend relaxation to do it before then. I plan to pick up test kits at the LFS this weekend and until then I'm kind of guesstimating dosing, based off of the tests I did last month with my expired kits! :o Shhh...

I think my AutoAqua Smart ATO is going out. Fingers crossed it just needs to be cleaned... I forgot to fill my reservoir Wednesday and the alarm went off while I was out. Nick had to fill the reservoir and reset the ATO, but he knows how to do that correctly. I noticed yesterday that the water level in the back chambers of the tank were too low, as if the ATO hadn't kicked on all day. No bueno. I made sure there was water in the reservoir, turned off the ATO, brushed the sensor gently with a toothbrush while leaving it in the tank, and then turned everything back on. This morning the water seemed low again. I can handle manual top offs this weekend or until I feel like taking it apart for a better cleaning - but I don't really don't want to have to buy a new unit. :(

My ATO has done that to me, but it just needs cleaning when it happens.  I use a tooth brush and brush off the sensor.  Works every time.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, gena said:

This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System.  This is only a test :D

I remember hearing that all the time as a kid LOL.  That sound always freaked me out!

Just had it happen yesterday while listening to the radio.........flash flood warnings.

Just clean that ATO all should be good. Mine has done the same thing.

Good luck on the working from home......its hard to get things done sometimes just ask Stella :lol: 

• Like 2

Hi Kimberbee, i just watched one of your maintenance video's on YouTube and you switch your float magnet for a tunze care magnet, any reasons you don't always use the tunze?

Thx!

19 minutes ago, Rory282 said:

Hi Kimberbee, i just watched one of your maintenance video's on YouTube and you switch your float magnet for a tunze care magnet, any reasons you don't always use the tunze?

Thx!

Good question! But I don't really have a great answer... :lol:

I really like the tunze best - it does a great job on the green coraline that I sometimes get on my glass. But it's also twice as expensive as the regular magfloat - which I already had two of before the tunze cleaner really got popular.

So I keep the magfloats in my tanks all the time, and get out my tunze once a month for a deeper clean (cause it really does a better job than the magfloat) and use it in both tanks. If I only had the one tank, I would totally just leave the tunze in there for everyday cleaning. 

Hello everyone and happy Thursday!! 

It's tank maintenance night tonight and I really don't wanna clean my tanks when I get home - but it's got to be done! 

I posted a video to my YouTube channel a couple nights ago, but I'm not really happy with it. I used Windows Movie Maker, but was feeling salty about having to learn a new software because YouTube got rid of their video editor. In any case, I let it get to me, and just threw a video together. 

I've got some plans this weekend to work on another video, so hopefully I can stick to it!! 

• Like 4