Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kimber's Old Tank Thread

kimberbee

21 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Look at me with another long post!!! 

It was a chill spring day a year ago that I moved tanks from my old apartment to my now fiance's home. Andromeda, her 18 rock flower anemones, a handful of gorgonians, and a purple plating sponge all made the move from an IM 20 to their current home in an IM 10.

26303030991_ac13a7c10c_z.jpg

26296444222_07f9777a02_z.jpg

I'm using the stock pump, rw-4 for circulation, and inTank media basket with polyfil and chemipure blue nano. My original 50w NeoTherm heater was acting wonky a few months ago, so that has been replaced. For top off I am using the Smart ATO Micro. I made a quick video about my equipment a few months ago, some of your might have already seen it. But for those who haven't: 

All 18 RFA's are still with me, though I am having a hard time getting the smallest 4 to grow. Cassiopeia (an OG nem shrimp from when everything was in the IM 20) shrimp passed away. And a PSW I got in May along with 2 porcelain crabs only a lasted a few months in the tank. I haven't added anything else since then other than a few snails. 

26350071752_c78eb34b71_z.jpg

26734629671_4d78e4fa26_z.jpg

27219851886_29d994af99_z.jpg

Plans for the future include trying again with a PSW and spotted anemone shrimp. Perhaps some sexy shrimps as well. I do feel like the tank could use a little more movement - Andromeda isn't that exciting. I also want to add a skimmer and change to only every other week water changes. This tank hasn't had too many algae issues, so I think with adding a skimmer I will still be ok. 

33753915731_862df2c949_z.jpg

33753918921_da68e2e44f_z.jpg

Happy Birthday, beautiful tank!!!

And as a sidenote, I love the shade of blue you have on the wall behind the tank. :happy:

• Like 2
Just now, Weetabix7 said:

Happy Birthday, beautiful tank!!!

And as a sidenote, I love the shade of blue you have on the wall behind the tank. :happy:

Thanks! It's a dark blue, but looks almost purple in those pics! 

• Like 1
Just now, spectra said:

You could fit all kinds of stuff in that space :o

yeah, but weetabix said the cool 3 container fishy waterfall tank needs 13 x 15

46 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

I just double-checked and you really do need 13" :(

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I just double-checked and you really do need 13" :(

That's ok. As I was cleaning I realized I had two boxes of books under my desk from when I moved in a year ago. So I moved the plants down and am using the empty space on top for a book shelf. 

New tank comes when I get a new house. I should be saving for that anyway. We all know how much a "cheap" tank really ends up costing!! ;)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

Well I didn't read that one :( guess you just need to go with a normal pico then.........

Just now, kimberbee said:

New tank comes when I get a new house. I should be saving for that anyway. We all know how much a "cheap" tank really ends up costing!! ;)

:haha: aint that the truth............you try to go cheap and well in the end it bites you in the ass and you pay out the ass........

My Waterfall has actually been pretty darn inexpensive. 

$40 for the tank. 

$25 for the bulb, $18 for the lamp to hold it. 

$7-10 for the live rock. 

$9 for the sand. 

$120 for the corals. 

Think that's all I've spent!!

No worries Kimber, I understand making wise decisions, I'm working to make sure I do that right now too. 

You can come visit my Waterfall Tank anytime you like!! :happy:

• Like 2

Wow, you did A LOT!!!

If I was a neighbor I'd gladly bring over some of my Miracle Creme for aching muscles, but looks like I'll just have to settle for recommending a hot bath or shower. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Nice job, looks like you did a ton of work! I hope the back is better soon, you're too young to have back problems. 

Thanks Teeny! 

I had a really hard time sleeping last night, and got up at 6 this morning. My back doesn't feel any better. I'm on the couch now with a heated back massager, hoping that helps some. Unfortunately, I've had back problems since high school. I've gone to a chiropractor a couple of times - never anything major. I just tend to overdo it really easily, like when moving or doing yard work. I'll power through! 

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, spectra said:

Fingers crossed it grows.......keep it watered. Did you add any starter fertilizer ?

Noooo.... ? Should I have?

12 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Noooo.... ? Should I have?

It probably is not a big deal and will still grow. I just have a bag so use it when trying to fill in bare spots.

12 hours ago, spectra said:

So what did you order? Spill the beans :lol:

A fish, a crab, two shrimp, and snails. The rest of the details will have to wait till Friday!! 

In bad news - I really, REALLY messed up my back. I can't even stand up straight - my back is a curved and leaning to the side. Very uncomfortable. I made a chiropractor appointment for Friday morning. Nick will stay home to accept my packages for me, and hopefully I'll get some relief. 

In worse news - My new manager has given me a project I am dreading. I don't want to give details cause it's a little complicated, but I basically have to start cold-calling managers of our locations. And yes, I consider this worse than my back because hopefully my back will feel better in a few days. This project is going to be continuous. 

• Like 2