Top Shelf Aquatics

Kimber's Old Tank Thread

kimberbee

Sorry your back isn't better :(

I guess it's really lucky Nick will be home for the package delivery since he's been working so much. Maybe he can fill in at work too :)

• Like 1
15 hours ago, dirtrider225 said:

Love the IM 25, seriously looking at getting one! I wonder if a single xr15 would be enough for the tank, specially since its so shallow

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that light so I can't offer a yay or nay :unsure: It did take a while for my SPS to color up after the move, but I was lazy at cranking up my nano box. 

Yesterday was tank cleaning day, and since I have some new inhabitants coming Friday, I still wanted to get a water change done even with my back issues. So so so so so thankful that Nick has these few days off of work! I cleaned the glass, stirred the sand, siphoned out old water, and put new water in. Took me about an hour and usually I take 1.5 - 2 hours. Nick did all the heavy lifting for me - getting my buckets in place, dumping out old water, getting newly made RODI jugs out of the sink. 

He also bought me some Tiger Balm, which his dad recommended, and rubbed my back before bed. Felt good, but I've yet to determine if it's done any real help. My back is all scrunched up/curved and I'm leaning without meaning to. 

• Like 2

Welcome to old age Kimber :lol: :( just wait it only gets better.........................

Glad you had some help with the tank! Get better new critters show up....................

• Like 1

First into the tank was Cassini I, who settled onto the plating sponge:

34034158365_c8ff01367c_c.jpg

Cassini II wasn't as lucky to float into prime real estate. He hung out by the side of the tank a bit and then wandered behind the rocks:

33993149666_4ed3a37f97_c.jpg

The pom pom crab found a little crevice to squish into. I hope it stays out front a bit. This is a good area for it to be! 

33993150886_d693f17562_c.jpg

And the little wrasse was last into the tank as the water it was in was at 1.019 and I needed to bring it up to 1.025!! 

34034154015_452bca11e9_c.jpg

I'll have the video up later this afternoon! 

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Is that a Pink Streaked Wrasse???

So cool, love the new additions, looking forward to the video!!!

YESSSS!! 

Good news bad news - good news I made it to the Dr. and I'm not going to die. Bad news, it took 4 hours to drive there, be seen, and drive back. 

Everyone is doing well. Though the new guys don't want pellets. Time to get ready for our "date" tonight to celebrate our two year dating anniversary. Video tonight? Maybe tomorrow? sorry for the delay, I did not expect to spend most of my day in traffic!! 

Also... a STOWAWAY!!! 

34039335385_ca4986b028_c.jpg

• Like 4

Beautiful tanks!  Your pom pom crab's poms look SO fat and fluffy!  Mine lost her poms when my tank crashed (and she had two different colored poms too!) so I added another pom pom crab in hopes they would share...but Shelby stole the poms, beat up the other crab and proceeded to eat her leg! :blink: I'm sure crabicide would have occurred if we hadn't intervened!

Regarding your back--my husband is a massage therapist (I'm sure he'd recommend massage to help with your back lol) and likes to use something called BioFreeze (can be found places like Walgreen's) on sore muscles, etc.  It's not a cure-all but has a cooling effect to help soothe sore body parts, and he likes to use it (it's a gel) and then apply heat (which he says increases blood flow to the area to help with healing).  When my back hurts he makes me use it and wrap up in an electric blanket lol.  Maybe something like that could help when your back is hurting (and I have a tendency to overdo it myself!).

Also, I saw your comment that your family was saying you can't use white linens for your wedding because your dress is cream-colored but honestly, I don't think anyone who matters will care.  I wore a blue dress but still would have used white linens if I'd had a not-quite-white dress because they are the cheapest and most easily available lol.  I have also read where people bought their own linens online and then sold or rented them out afterward to recoup the costs.  Hope you're enjoying the planning process, I found it more stressful than anything and am so glad it's over! :lol:

• Like 1
On 4/15/2017 at 11:42 AM, Lula_Mae said:

Shelby stole the poms, beat up the other crab and proceeded to eat her leg! :blink:

Hope you're enjoying the planning process, I found it more stressful than anything and am so glad it's over! :lol:

Yikes at the pom-stealing leg-eating crab! Wedding planning for me has been relatively easy. Except that now we need to start picking the music and getting the ceremony/vows picked out. 

All arrivals still alive and accounted for - Cassini I and II are on opposite sides of the tank and have been hanging out on/under various nems. Aurora (the pom pom crab) moved to an underhang on the back side of the rock, near the purple plating sponge. She's still pretty visible though and seems to come out often to walk around and wave her poms. Pluto the PSW finally ate some mysis last night! I fed pellets Friday and spirulina brine Saturday but he didn't go for either, so I was a little worried. Last night though I was slow and careful in case he was feeling skittish, and he went for a few large mysis. :happydance:

• Like 5
4 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Yikes at the pom-stealing leg-eating crab! Wedding planning for me has been relatively easy. Except that now we need to start picking the music and getting the ceremony/vows picked out. 

All arrivals still alive and accounted for - Cassini I and II are on opposite sides of the tank and have been hanging out on/under various nems. Aurora (the pom pom crab) moved to an underhang on the back side of the rock, near the purple plating sponge. She's still pretty visible though and seems to come out often to walk around and wave her poms. Pluto the PSW finally ate some mysis last night! I fed pellets Friday and spirulina brine Saturday but he didn't go for either, so I was a little worried. Last night though I was slow and careful in case he was feeling skittish, and he went for a few large mysis. :happydance:

Yeah it was kinda disconcerting lol.  Glad it's going well, writing the ceremony was one of the best and yet most frustrating parts for me lol.  But it came together and was beautiful so that's all that matters.

Glad the PSW is eating, they are such pretty fish!

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Since I didn't get to sleep in today, you get another video. 

These have been really fun to make!! 

Nice video!! I love Pom Pom Crabs! They are the cutest.  

Both tanks are cruising along. :happy:

The snails that I got from ReefCleaners keep trying to escape! Just about every time I go to take a lid off for feeding, there's a snail stuck to the underside! 

My poor little wrasse didn't get any dinner last night, though. I went to feed shortly after 9pm and he had already tucked himself in for the night. I felt pretty bad. I will have to remember to feed earlier from now on. 

I'm thinking I'll make the videos a weekly thing if I can. Trying to think of some ideas of what you guys might like to see - so let me know if you have any requests! 

• Like 2

Great videos, kimber....tanks and inhabitants look amazing!

Is this part of "Kimber does stuff"? 

Maybe shoot them in different outfits.  For example, the next one could be ...............Elsa?

• Like 3
1 minute ago, kimberbee said:

:ninja:

Hmmm.....

Hope your little PSW gets food today and thrives for you. 

I've always liked them, maybe I'll get brave enough to get one someday, lol. 

• Like 1