kimberbee

Kimber's Tank Thread - a quick weekend update

The little goby is doing well in the 25 gallon. He definitely prefers the back left corner, but I know it's lower flow there. His left side fin already looks to be healing. 

The clownfish have been near him, but have not bothered him. It seems the female is too busy keeping the male in line! 

20190413_185733.thumb.jpg.dc451f3a5ac622044cda76918c328381.jpg

I've had to re-imagine my tank swap/upgrade because my original plan involved moving my orange clownfish, Andromeda, to the lagoon and housing her with the goby and a mandarin. But if she's gonna be a bully, I can't have that! 

I am now thinking she will go in the livingroom in the 20 which will be an lps/softy tank. I just need to consider a few more assertive fish options as her roommates. Any thoughts? 

Then, Lenny and Squiggy, the b&w clowns, get to stay in their 25 gallon. I'll let them keep their duncan home, but everything else will be gorgs, sun corals, and RFAs. I'll still plan on a mandarin, and possibly a clown goby. Would a clown goby be ok in a tank with lots of RFAs?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

The little goby is doing well in the 25 gallon. He definitely prefers the back left corner, but I know it's lower flow there. His left side fin already looks to be healing. 

The clownfish have been near him, but have not bothered him. It seems the female is too busy keeping the male in line! 

I've had to re-imagine my tank swap/upgrade because my original plan involved moving my orange clownfish, Andromeda, to the lagoon and housing her with the goby and a mandarin. But if she's gonna be a bully, I can't have that! 

I am now thinking she will go in the livingroom in the 20 which will be an lps/softy tank. I just need to consider a few more assertive fish options as her roommates. Any thoughts? 

Then, Lenny and Squiggy, the b&w clowns, get to stay in their 25 gallon. I'll let them keep their duncan home, but everything else will be gorgs, sun corals, and RFAs. I'll still plan on a mandarin, and possibly a clown goby. Would a clown goby be ok in a tank with lots of RFAs?

What about some type of Blenny in the 20? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

My GCG is in a tank with a mini carpet nem and a RBTA and he's fine. He doesn't go anywhere near them - he prefers perching on my softies instead. I think RFAs don't have potent stings, am I correct? In that case, it should be alright.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

What about some type of Blenny in the 20? 

They've never caught my interest before, but I'll head over to LiveAquaria to see if any blennys look interesting. Off the rop of my head I can only think of lawnmower, starry, and midas, but surely there's a few other choices as well. 

As an update: the new rainford goby is still kickin'. I've seen him out and about a lot this weekend. Though he hasn't eaten any of the pellets or frozen food I've thrown in the tank, I have seen him pick at the rocks and sand. 

And in additional news: I posted on my Instagram a few pictures of my tank right after I fed a bit this evening. It's looking overrun by bristle worms! They congregate in a few areas, and I counted over 40 in the lagoon without really even trying hard. 

I'm wondering if that's a bit much. It would seem that they are like cockroaches - for each one you see, there are many more hidden!! Luckily I've noticed the large population and stopped putting my bare hands in the tank!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

They've never caught my interest before, but I'll head over to LiveAquaria to see if any blennys look interesting. Off the rop of my head I can only think of lawnmower, starry, and midas, but surely there's a few other choices as well. 

As an update: the new rainford goby is still kickin'. I've seen him out and about a lot this weekend. Though he hasn't eaten any of the pellets or frozen food I've thrown in the tank, I have seen him pick at the rocks and sand. 

And in additional news: I posted on my Instagram a few pictures of my tank right after I fed a bit this evening. It's looking overrun by bristle worms! They congregate in a few areas, and I counted over 40 in the lagoon without really even trying hard. 

I'm wondering if that's a bit much. It would seem that they are like cockroaches - for each one you see, there are many more hidden!! Luckily I've noticed the large population and stopped putting my bare hands in the tank!!

Starry’s are hilarious and like most Blennys, don’t take no shit....... or .........Tail spot Blennys are super cute with their painted faces. 

Maybe put some of the worms in the other tank. 

• Like 2

3 months shy of having been in the hobby for 5 years. My first tank being the biocube, my first fish were Lenny and Squiggy.

4 years ago I started my second tank - the Nuvo 20. Andromeda, the a-hole fish's first home. Nick accidentally butt dialed me when I was filling up the tank. That was our first phone conversation. 

3 years ago, I moved to Nick's house. Lenny and Squiggy moved to the 25 gallon lagoon, and Andromeda moved to the 10 gallon. 

And finally, 1 year ago, next weekend, was when I moved everything to our new house. I have no pictures from then, because it cased some devastating losses. 

I've finally gotten the algae under control, I'm back on a maintenance schedule, and I've been able to replace a few things that were lost. 

Cheers to 5 years!! 🍻

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kimberbee said:

3 months shy of having been in the hobby for 5 years. My first tank being the biocube, my first fish were Lenny and Squiggy.

4 years ago I started my second tank - the Nuvo 20. Andromeda, the a-hole fish's first home. Nick accidentally butt dialed me when I was filling up the tank. That was our first phone conversation. 

3 years ago, I moved to Nick's house. Lenny and Squiggy moved to the 25 gallon lagoon, and Andromeda moved to the 10 gallon. 

And finally, 1 year ago, next weekend, was when I moved everything to our new house. I have no pictures from then, because it cased some devastating losses. 

I've finally gotten the algae under control, I'm back on a maintenance schedule, and I've been able to replace a few things that were lost. 

Cheers to 5 years!! 🍻

Yay for 5 years!! 😃

• Like 2

MarineDepot is having a "Tax Day" sale so I was gonna get my 20 gallon tank. 

Of course, I waited and now they are out of stock... 🤦‍♀️

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Sad 1

Bummer! Can you order it with the discount anyway and have it shipped whenever it's back in stock? If not you might try emailing them - they'd probably hook you up. They're customer service has always been good to me

• Like 2