Innovative Marine Aquariums

mpsti05's ReeFfer 3 FIVE 0.... miXed ReeF

mpsti05

bubble algae from what?! did you buy anything from Beyond the Reef? They gave me bubble algae....

nope everything was dipped that's gone in the new tank.

Deciding on whether or not to fight fire with fire and try vibrant at killing off the bubble algae before it turns into a plague. Mariaface had success with it killing bubble algae. Granted it's just a few here and there but on each rock. And I need to get some Zoas already... still have 5 frags in the sump that need to get mounted in the tank aswell

• Like 1
On 2/15/2017 at 0:20 PM, mpsti05 said:

Deciding on whether or not to fight fire with fire and try vibrant at killing off the bubble algae before it turns into a plague. Mariaface had success with it killing bubble algae. Granted it's just a few here and there but on each rock. And I need to get some Zoas already... still have 5 frags in the sump that need to get mounted in the tank aswell

Vibrant took care of the few errant bubble algae I had as well. I probably had a dozen or so here and there. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

Vibrant took care of the few errant bubble algae I had as well. I probably had a dozen or so here and there. 

Awesome to hear that

Vibrant will be here today. Hopefully to kill this bubble algae before it turns into a plague. And damn I need to sell that brand new aqua maxx reactor already

• Like 1
9 hours ago, mpsti05 said:

Vibrant will be here today. Hopefully to kill this bubble algae before it turns into a plague. And damn I need to sell that brand new aqua maxx reactor already

Good luck! Why do you have to sell the reactor?

• 2 weeks later...

Back from a mini vaca and no casualties. However I think I need a new heater. When I filled the tank up it took 80gallons and I use a Eheim jager 150w set at 79-80. And controlled by my apex which turns it on at 77 and off at 78. Heater is in the skimmer chamber of the sump and the temp probe is in the return section. Yesterday and today there have been some 4 degree temp swings over the course of a few hours then gradually works itself back up. Don't think the heater can keep up. So time for either a finnex 300w titanium heater and let the apex control it or upgrade to the 200w jager. Not sure which to go with

• Like 1

Orrrrrr the heater is fine and clogged filter socks were slowing the flow through the sump too much... hmmmm my bad. Hopefully that's what it was

• Like 1

Had the doser off for 5 days... hmmm

alk 7.4 (Hanna)

cal 500 (Red Sea)

mag 1500 (salifert) 

ive been using red sea pro salt for awhile now. Don't know why the cal is so high. I'm gonna turn the alk back on and try and bump that up to 7.8-8 ish. 

Granted all I have is small frags in my tank and the clam so obviously nothings using it up yet. Need some more sticks and zoo's 

want me some sunny d's and fruit loops

Also did a water change yesterday, always do a 5gal change on sat or Sunday. And replaced carbon/gfo and changed the socks and flipped the ball of cheato over. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Sweet! I love full room shots, and that's a nice angle to look at the tank from :)

Forgot how top downs look awesome especially the colors of corals

2 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Love the top down shot Matt. How is the clam?

Thanks Dave! Clam seems to be great and funny how they know your lighting schedule too

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well Apex's heartbeat feature is pretty cool. Home internet is down so it texts me saying that it's currently disconnected. Myagi and pc rainbow didn't make it :( I'm on a bit of a stay-cation for the next 12 days so I'm hoping to find some locals with sunny d's and fruit loops and some other z's and probably go out and get some

more coral. Still continues with vibrant trying to kill off the bubble algae. 

Well vibrant isn't working on the bubble algae yet as it's growing in the places it's popped up. I've been doing the normal "clean tank" dose maybe I'll switch to the double. Tested tonight. Sg 1.026, Kh 8.9 and cal 445. Lowered the alk dose to try to stay close to 8. The katapora looks pretty awesome by far the nices piece in my tank even though I don't have many. Greens/purple/blues, picked up some sunny d's and fruit loops. An orange acan and a small ricordia. 

• Like 1

Clam looked a bit un happy sat, moved him Sunday and did a water change. Came home from work yesterday and it was gone... ****