inTank Media Baskets

mpsti05's ReeFfer 3 FIVE 0.... miXed ReeF

mpsti05

Went to reefwise with the wife today and let her pick out something, 2 headed Duncan since her old 45 headed one died and there captive grown fungi and a candy cane shrimp which hopefully finds the lost goby. She wants a clam and I want it to be colorful... they had nada

• Like 2

Yasha goby found his new friend and has finally calmed his crazy ass down. First algae bloom required my first order from reef cleaners to arrive today. 50 cerithes and 25 blueleg hermits and a barnacle cluster for the Midas blenny

• Like 3

Plumbed the brs reactor off the return manifold finally... don't like it. Kills the clean look in the sump area. Maybe I'll order a different reactor that can also just sit in the sump behind the protein skimmer. Clown fish won't stop chewing and biting the shit out of the Duncan... they use to live in the old colony of 60heads I had before. Added a barnacle for the Midas blenny as he use to also live in one

• Like 1

Plumbed the brs reactor off the return manifold finally... don't like it. Kills the clean look in the sump area. Maybe I'll order a different reactor that can also just sit in the sump behind the protein skimmer. Clown fish won't stop chewing and biting the shit out of the Duncan... they use to live in the old colony of 60heads I had before. Added a barnacle for the Midas blenny as he use to also live in one

Yes what it lacks in beauty it more than makes up in function, IMHO don't toss it out yet.

I like my IM Reactor. Very small and looks nice. I got the smallest one and wish I got the mid size instead.

do you have it sitting in the sump?

Yes what it lacks in beauty it more than makes up in function, IMHO don't toss it out yet.

true function over form I guess
  • 2 weeks later...

10 bucks off on that aqua maxx reactor so might just grab it. Delaying a pic as still going through the new tank ugly brown algae faze. I want to start stocking with some coral, birdsnest or something but I'm trying to be patient.

Damn you marinedepot you give me 25% off the aquamaxx reactor and force me to order

I bought the FRS-1 (the internal one) during the Black Friday discount period. They make nice stuff.

• Like 2

lol I know cause you rock! Not off till weds.

I may or may not have plans wednesday evening-ish. so earlier the better on wednesday. and like you said, you can stop by whenever in the evenings if you want. I literally just sit in my dining room looking at the tank all day.

Damn you marinedepot you give me 25% off the aquamaxx reactor and force me to order

which one did you get and how are you planning on mounting it? Looking at the video of the FRS, it seems like it will be a pain to change media. With the IM one, I can easily take out the canister and leave the mount and pump in the tank. Is that possible with the Aquamaxx one? Or do you have to pour the media into the FRS and risk it spilling everywhere?

I think this will work perfect hanging inside the sump to the right of the protein skimmer. http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaMaxx_Fluidized_GFO_and_Carbon_Filter_Media_Reactor_Standard-AquaMaxx-UJ5311-FIFRISPR-vi.html

which one did you get and how are you planning on mounting it? Looking at the video of the FRS, it seems like it will be a pain to change media. With the IM one, I can easily take out the canister and leave the mount and pump in the tank. Is that possible with the Aquamaxx one? Or do you have to pour the media into the FRS and risk it spilling everywhere?

That one, going to hang it on the back right of the sump where the drain pipes come down. From the videos it doesn't look to complicated

Lol, Thank you again Rodger!! Stopped by his house last night to pick up some frags, katapora which is huge! An awesome hammer with multiple heads and a frag of spongodes. Trying to start finally filling in this tank. Couldn't find my orange filter or polarized glasses to get decent photos with. Will take them later when my glasses come back home. For now.... 8B5B17EA-9953-495A-89CD-2D05D9F2F149_zps

Can't figure out the blue ughhhhhhh E9712ED5-8115-4E07-8A94-32FACA77183A_zps

• Like 2