Pod Your Reef

mpsti05's ReeFfer 3 FIVE 0.... miXed ReeF

mpsti05

Well here's two quick pics. Hard to photograph led. So Dave calls it a hybrid hybrid. In place of where two t'5s would be are two of his 24" beams that have a nice actinic color to them. 4 of his v3.1 led clusters with mint. First impressions are it's pretty freakin amazing. Color is awesome. Still haven't played that much with it. I think it lights this 47" tank quite well. The beams are controlled by themselves on channel 5 of the bluefish.

34E5E375-D139-487B-B6E4-4B36CA91EBCB_zps

D05A6D02-A353-41CD-AF21-6422A0F25E96_zps

• Like 9

Maybe I'll snag that aquamaxx from marine depot and get them to price match premium aquatics 18% off right now. Picked up an awesome nem from Rodgers mom (thanks again) and scooped up a ruby long fin fairy wrasse from my fav lfs reefwise... 3days later momma clown is still being a bitch and chasing this poor fish.

• Like 2

How do you like the mimic compared to the wide quad? It looks really cool :)

Its freakin awesome. The spread with the beams and the staggered led clusters is perfect. I'm still playing with it but like everything about it so far.
  • Like 1

Gotta remember to put some pics up of the new light. I dig it! Dave did a legit job. Also may just hunt for a new skimmer for black Friday deals cause I still cannot turn the curve 5 on without it going nuts. Not sure what to try out

haha thanks, I'm gonna try my best to keep this looking good. Gonna order a nanobox beam for my fuge light and put some egg crate together for that. Unsure of whether or not to keep the curve 5. I still can't turn it on as it just goes nuts and over flows, I gave it a vinegar bath last week, I put a bottle of Dr. Times one and only in last Friday

I sold my curve 5 for the exact same reason. Even when it stopped overflowing, it would suddenly start again. And when it overflows, skimmer waste splatters all over the sump.

I hear more and more bad things about the BM curve skimmers... :(

Rest looks great though!

Odd - I have three of the Curve 5's going right now, and I have little issue with them from the start, and they have been running 2+ years now... :huh:

Gotta remember to put some pics up of the new light. I dig it! Dave did a legit job. Also may just hunt for a new skimmer for black Friday deals cause I still cannot turn the curve 5 on without it going nuts. Not sure what to try out

I did have an issue a while back where I used something that traditionally caused skimmers to go nuts (red slime remover or reef epoxy?) - I hooked up the collection cup drain hose and let it drain right back into the sump. After a couple of days, the skimmer "broke back in" and I plugged the drain back up - worked fine from there on out... :happy:

Yea I didn't have too many issues with it when it was running in my reef savvy, now that's it's in this tank it just overflows like mad, I've adjusted the height with egg crate. I'm gonna just let it run while I'm home and empty into the sump and see if

That does anything

• Like 1

So nutriant export, currently just running carbon in a filter sock till I get the right adapter to run it in a reactor off my manifold. In the past I've always ran carbon/gfo mix. Don't think I wanna do that this time, I'll run carbon& purigen and dose phosphate rx when nessacary. I'll set up a decent size space to grow macro algae whenever my fuge light gets here cough cough Dave! Not sure if I want to run anything else for nutriant export.