inTank Media Baskets

mpsti05's ReeFfer 3 FIVE 0.... miXed ReeF

mpsti05

686A8FDF-E3FA-4AA4-B387-79494A1F0298_zps

049150D6-F4CB-4987-9205-AFBACC17475D_zps

2C64FD1E-CFE5-487C-BA76-5990993379EF_zps

5247D4E6-FCA4-4B53-A94D-639FDC009FB3_zps

Well here's my Redsea reefer 350. This will be my 4th reef tank and hopefully the best yet. My reef savvy tank will be cleaned and and placed in the basement as a frag tank. The quality of this tank past my expectations. Tried to do some decent wire management compared to my last tanks. Still have to clean up a few things but for the most part is organized and easy to remove something if need be. During the tank swap most of the coral I was trying to save died except my ORA red Goni and a rainbow bta. So stocking will be a slow and steady process. Onto the life system of the tank

Tank: Redsea Reefer 350 48x20x20

Sump: Redsea

Return pump: Ecotech vectra m1

Pumps: Mp40qd (left side) Mp10 back wall (right side)

Lighting: Nanobox mimic/ coral compulsion fuge light

Heater: eheim jäger 200w

Skimmer: Bubble magus curve 5

Doser: Neptune dos

Controller: Apex lite w/ wxm module, ald module 4sensors, BRS ph probe

Ato: Tunze 3155

Ato container: Advanced Acrylic 7gal reservoir

Reactor: BRS Carbon reactor plumbed off of return manifold

Media: 1gal marine pure spheres & 8x8x1 block

Live Stock: Clown Pair (onyx&snowflake) Midas blenny, Yasha goby &Randalls shrimp, Ruby Red headed fairy wrasse, Blue star leopard wrasse, Yellow tang

• Like 6

your sump looks 10000x better than mine. nice work!

haha thanks, I'm gonna try my best to keep this looking good. Gonna order a nanobox beam for my fuge light and put some egg crate together for that. Unsure of whether or not to keep the curve 5. I still can't turn it on as it just goes nuts and over flows, I gave it a vinegar bath last week, I put a bottle of Dr. Times one and only in last Friday

haha thanks, I'm gonna try my best to keep this looking good. Gonna order a nanobox beam for my fuge light and put some egg crate together for that. Unsure of whether or not to keep the curve 5. I still can't turn it on as it just goes nuts and over flows, I gave it a vinegar bath last week, I put a bottle of Dr. Times one and only in last Friday

I sold my curve 5 for the exact same reason. Even when it stopped overflowing, it would suddenly start again. And when it overflows, skimmer waste splatters all over the sump.

• Like 1

Looks awesome! I too have a 350 and also made a manifold sump. I like yours alot- I was looking into the BM5 but opted against it. I have had a great experience with Reef Octopus. If you have no budget in mind check out the NYOS 120.

You wouldn't by chance also be over on r2r as well?

• Like 1

Looks awesome! I too have a 350 and also made a manifold sump. I like yours alot- I was looking into the BM5 but opted against it. I have had a great experience with Reef Octopus. If you have no budget in mind check out the NYOS 120.

You wouldn't by chance also be over on r2r as well?

Negative on R2R, maybe I can grab one on Black Friday

20 gallon brute buckets, perfect.

perfect

Following, love the reefer tanks. Looking good so far.

Thanks!

Looks great! You've done it up right, for sure :)

Thank you! hopefully will get the nanobox mimic over it this weekend.

How's that quiet drive?

I picked up an upgrade kit... Will it be less noisy?

Super quiet, the vectra I don't even hear at all. The mp40qd is silent, i can hear my mp10 at 75% sitting on the couch. Not crazy audible but i you can hear the ramp up and ramp down.

Very nice set up.

Thank you, I'm really impressed with the quality of this system.

Yes I like this tank.

thanks buddy! Long time no see.

Got the new light hung up... 100 LED's of glory

• Like 1

Thank you, I'm really impressed with the quality of this system. thanks buddy! Long time no see.

Got the new light hung up... 100 LED's of glory

Yeah it's been a long time. Going to start a new build in a few weeks.

Gotta remember to put some pics up of the new light. I dig it! Dave did a legit job. Also may just hunt for a new skimmer for black Friday deals cause I still cannot turn the curve 5 on without it going nuts. Not sure what to try out

Gotta remember to put some pics up of the new light. I dig it! Dave did a legit job. Also may just hunt for a new skimmer for black Friday deals cause I still cannot turn the curve 5 on without it going nuts. Not sure what to try out

Join the cool kids like Harry and I. Get the Marine Depot Aquamaxx CO-1.

• Like 3