Coral Vue Hydros

mpsti05's ReeFfer 3 FIVE 0.... miXed ReeF

mpsti05

On 4/4/2017 at 8:46 PM, pal said:

That sucks. Any Idea what happened?

No idea, nothing has changed. Alk and cal steady. Tank is looking empty without it

I'm sorry about the clam :(

I've always been afraid to try to keep a clam because so many people seem to have these mysterious deaths. I don't know why I'm afraid to try, it's not like losing an $80 clam is any different from losing an $80 acro. 

Polyclad flatworms eat clams. And apparently they can hide in your tank for a long time undetected... 

I just like to talk about my monster worm any time I can because it the most exciting/terrifying/crazy thing to ever happen with my tanks ;)

• Like 1

how do you guys like the size of the 350 im debating on downsizing to one for a move and its between the 250 and 350. 

tank looks great love the mixed fixture 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2017 at 9:17 AM, Shoob1e said:

how do you guys like the size of the 350 im debating on downsizing to one for a move and its between the 250 and 350. 

tank looks great love the mixed fixture 

Love the 350!!

4 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

Aquapros just posted they received a large shipment of clams.  Check them out this weekend.  You going to CMAS fragswap?

Hmmm might try to swing it. New position at work has me working 4am-130ish everyday now. Need to really start filling this sucker in. 

• 3 weeks later...

New position at work doesn't leave me with lots of nr time anymore haha 4am-2pm. Life's about to change big time come August ;):wub: katapora is the best looking coral in my tank considering I really don't have much greens and purples and constant pe, really need to get some more stuff. Tested cal at 460 alk at 7.9 and sg at 1.025. Leopard wrasse is still eatting like a pig and the clowns have continued to spawn like clock work. Not much else, need a different heater and maybe new skimmer finally. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Ups and downs due to some struggles with my new position and just being exhausted. Katapora browned a bit but is starting to turn around. Got lazy with my routine maintenance :( some more bubble algae popped up and a bit of HA. Getting back in a routine. Big news is our first kiddo will join this worked in late August. Tank may switch to all softy with a cpl sps. Probably will sell this bad ass light to someone who can really use its potential. Life's busy busy busy 

• Like 3
  • 10 months later...
mitten_reef

What's happening with the tank, been almost a year?  I was following this one quite a bit in the past.  Why still wanting to sell the light, I always had hoped that you might get back into the groove with the new baby before you ended up selling it? 

Tank is still alive, nothing is alive inside it except the fish. Lost my leopard wrasse and 4 year old Midas Blenny about a month ago, still have some HA that I’m trying to kill with week long black outs. Light is forsale as someone will have better use for it than me. Either breakdown or reset the tank someday and just do softies/lps and carpet nem for the clowns. Life’s too busy with work and my little girl and road racing my car and bike. 

• 3 years later...