Pod Your Reef

Diy led clean up

dling

My diy lights are a mess. I have 5 drivers controlling 7 colors. I've been looking at buying a.pre-built lighting system but what would really like to do is figure out how to improve on my current setup. Any ideas on how to get rid of the large drivers and still have the same control?

post-55105-0-49256700-1478471723_thumb.jpg

My diy lights are a mess. I have 5 drivers controlling 7 colors. I've been looking at buying a.pre-built lighting system but what would really like to do is figure out how to improve on my current setup. Any ideas on how to get rid of the large drivers and still have the same control?

Coralux 5 up board

5 LDD

Storm controller

Not sure if you actually have control over all 7 colors or not but if so you can get a 2 up board and upgrade to the Storm X which can handle 10 channels.

HM answered your question. If you want to take it a small step further.

O2 bluefish mini PCB

Bluefish mini

Meanwell ldd drivers

Meanwell hlg power supply.

Consolidates everything to a single box and quality small power supply

Will the storm controller do auto dimming ,or is it manual ?

Yes. Programmable to individually ramp up/ramp down each channel. The 'Cloud' feature is useful, too, to give the corals a break in intensity during the day.

• 1 month later...

OK. Im ready to make the move on the upgrade. By looking at my lighting in my sig. it looks like I can get away with using four drivers.

3 for all the blues at 26+ 8, 1 for the whites and 1 for the all the rest. Am i correct ? if so I can use am current controller unless the little meanwell drivers need a different one. I plan on getting the 1000ma (1a) for the whts. the 700am for the blues and the 300-350 ma for all the other colors. I'm going to also use this a recommend Coralux 5 up board. Does this look correct ? Thanks.

i cant find that unit for sale. i'm looking also to get info on how to use it with my current controller. I dont to replace the controller if I dont have to . The dim4 works great for what I need.Will it allow five LDD drivers ?

Well I pulled the trigger this morning. ordered 1 1000ma, 3 700ma and 2 350 ma meanwell DLL drivers along with a Meanwell NES 350-48 350W PS. The drivers were 7.50 ea and the PSU was 42.00 all free shipping via ebay. Ordered the Coralux dll 6up board along with the sockets that allow the drivers to be easily removed and the storm controller from Coralux Hope I didn't forget anything. I'm sure I could have purchased a new lighting for around the same money that I just spent. I just dont know if I could have gotten one as powerful as mine for 200.00 dollars.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I'm starting my driver swap. The power supply I have is 48 vdc out.its adjustable. What is the output voltage I should have to drive the 60+ leds?

This is what i have currently . A few current pics. If anyone can use any of the old stuff I will sale it cheap. There are 5 drivers total. 3 meanwell & 2 Inventronics + the controller.

post-55105-0-13348100-1485547793_thumb.jpg

post-55105-0-33826400-1485547794_thumb.jpg

post-55105-0-88925000-1485547796_thumb.jpg

post-55105-0-84239000-1485547810_thumb.jpg

Archived