Innovative Marine Aquariums

Drama's 150 Cube build (pics)

Dramad1

• 2 weeks later...

Small update,

Today I worked on modifying the brackets for the reefbrites to mount to the sunpower. I picked up the reefbrites lightly used and the previous owner had modified the brackets for his set up. So I had to modify them back to how they came and repaint. I Got them all finished and mounted. I had to use a few washers and a small spacer so I could swivel the lights without the power cord rubbing on the fixture. Installed all new bulbs into the fixture as well. Out of all the bulbs, there was one c+ bulb that looked suspect and did not have the ati labeling on either end.  It was bare with no markings. Thought is was strange being a brand new bulb and it having come with 7 other bulbs from brs that all had the proper labeling.

Blah blah blah, few cell pics:

20170409_133050_zps79eyjb43.jpg

20170409_134545_zpsizt4igfc.jpg

20170409_141536_zpsevc1ntv6.jpg

20170409_141517_zpscrgupfji.jpg

Id like to build a floating open canopy with some slots on the ends for ventilation just for over all appearance and to help with light spillage. It's on the diy to Do list.

I also went and picked up 90g of fresh seawater from scripts, I need to get this tank wet and at least cycling while I procrastinate with the rest of the build.  Hahaha, it will happen hehehehe.

I need to find a vent cover for the stand and install a fan to help with ventilation. I'm also working out a plan to encase my power center to try and help eliminate moisture build up. My 34g is currently having some issues with the power strip over the sump and poor ventilation in the stand. 

More updates soon

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Update:

Still not wet, ?

Ready for water, just been super busy, No time to care for the tank. I'm hoping to dive back in on it soon.

I just pick up a cabinet fan for it and a fresh batch of water from Scripts. Just need to set up a water holding station and get a few new filters for my rodi system.

I know, I know, longest small build ever. I blame modelo ?

Big box for this build, hopefully this will get me rolling on this build again. Plan is to re work some wiring, install cabinet ventilation and upgrade my rodi system

20170701_182038_zpskumwslhq.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Update:

The clock is ticking. After tidying up some wires and addressing a few equipment issues.... I am happy to announce that the tank is now ready for water. Unfortunately, the wet part will have to wait until this coming Friday. I want to be able to monitor and fine tune the system over the next weekend in case there are any issues. I'm afraid to fill it today and go to work tomorrow only to come home to a disaster i:e" equip malfunction, leak in plumbing or tank, electrical etc etc. 

So onto some pics... pretty much slot of what you have seen and some you have not. ☺

The big box contained a few items. Filter socks, phos rd, inline pump to help clean the sump and most importantly a chiller. With temps approaching 106°f and my house running minimal ac and ambient temps in the house around 86°f, during the summer months, I felt this was a necessity. The chiller is an aqua euro 1/4 hp. I had one on my 125g and it worked excellent. Anyways, all plumbed with its own pump, just need to move a piece of furniture to ensure proper ventilation. Sneak peak.

20170716_141841_zpshezuriql.jpg

Another showing tough access to sump, working on a steel frame brace to mount inside the stand so I can hack the center divide and install a one piece removable door.

20170716_141758_zps4dlt4yb9.jpg

20170716_141940_zpsttwnxkyp.jpg

In this next pic you can see the jumble of wires to my power center as well as a under cabinet fan I installed. The fan flips down and swivels any direction you choose and tilts at multiple angles. The fan has two speeds and is made by vornado. Awesome fan imo.

20170716_142205_zpsvxrnuyy4.jpg

20170716_142232_zpsototbtue.jpg

In this next pic you will see a diy cabinet I made for a clown breeder set up I was working on. Basically it is a hatchery/dosing/phyto station. I decided to incorporate it into this build just so I can get some use out of it. I'll hatch brine now and then as well as culture various types of phyto from time to time as well as use as a dosing center. In time I'm hoping this serves as a great addition to the tank.

20170716_142000_zpsqzy3ld3t.jpg

20170716_142020_zpsgy0maggl.jpg

20170716_142037_zpsr7qkomqy.jpg

Clock is ticking... this Friday I will start to fill. I plan to add in 35# of cured rock from my quarantine tank which will be placed behind the rock scape you see in the above pic with maybe a piece in the front. I hope this gets the cycle going. I will be using 30g of water from the quarantine tank and the rest will be scripts. I have some bacteria I will be adding as well. Hoping to have a short cycle but plan to monitor and take my time adding anything regardless. 

More updates as the happen, thanks for checking out the build.

33 minutes ago, GregEmmitte said:

Photobucket sucks 

Yeah just noticed this b.s.. I've used pb for years and besides quality of pic. Never had any issues uploading pics. Looks like I'll need to try another method. Pics when it's all figured out

• Like 1
GregEmmitte
10 minutes ago, Dramad1 said:

Yeah just noticed this b.s.. I've used pb for years and besides quality of pic. Never had any issues uploading pics. Looks like I'll need to try another method. Pics when it's all figured out

I'm sorry. :( was looking forward to the update 

After what seems like eternity, the tank is finally wet!. So far so good. I was worried about it leaking and tuning issues with the return, so far 6 hrs of cycling water, playing with the gyres, simulating power failures, all seems like it's working quite nicely. Few issues I'm having. My 3155 tunzee ato. The pump kicked on, raised the water level an 1/8th" then turned off once it reached sensor level, awesome. The problem is the hose is continuing to dump water from the reservoir even after ato pump is off, i think due to syphon from reservoir. My reservoir is the same height as my sump...im baffled at this point and just turned it off for now due to the alarm constantly sounding. Next issue is accessing the sump. Dang stand bracing is limiting how far I can crawl under tank and fiddle with equip. Center brace between the two front doors is in the way big time. When I was setting the whole system up, I had open access from 3 sides, no center brace and it was away from the wall, now access sucks, being it's pushed I to the corner and only 2 sides are accessible now, one being open and the other, 2 doors and center brace. I had my son crawl in and give me a hand, but it's bugging me and need to figure out a solution for better access.

Posting pics has become an issue for me as well. I have used pb for years and it was simple, easy and quick, now they want to charge way to much imo. I created a Flickr account but am lost where to get an image link from the app while on my phone. Imgr is another one I have tried nut haven't a clue where to find the image link either. Both, I have not used before.

I'm gonna try to drag a file in from this reply menu and see if that works

20170721_191403.jpg

20170721_202420.jpg

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...