SaltCritters.com

What will Clowns host other than Anemones

bravoreefer

ROFLOL. I don't see how a mag float could protect anything nor a powerhead.......how odd.

hey, reefhippie did the clown attack the mag float when it moved?

I just wanted to point out that it is the coral or anemone that hosts the clown, not the other way around.

Was that a haiku?

my clown was hosting in an anemone at the LFS, but now seems to spend his time swimming all along the glass at the front of my nanocube. he uses the top intake to sleep next to at night. ive only had him a week though, so hopefully he will host something eventually!

Mine use to host a sebae anemone, which is not a natural host. I think my male false perc just likes to host anything. This morning he is hosting the back corner of the tank, he is hosting the silicone.

Well, it sounds like they have hosted everything except a heater. Anyone ever had one host a good ole heater in the tank.

OR, how about a turkeybaster? That could defend you!

i still think the most bizarre reported is the lionfish.im not kidding about it either, the little guy would rub in the pec fins and swim through the dorsal on occasion, weirdest thing i ever saw.

mine hosts the nano cube's intake at night also... if I did get something else is there a chance it'll switch or keep the intake flow for a host?

I thought my marron clown was a special needs case .. lol..

He sleeps behind the powerhead too ! the PH in an eclipse hood is about an inch from the glass so he gets behind it and stays until the next morning.

Although I am starting to suspect that during the day he is on my toadstool leather. In the morning before the light comes on it is standing at attention .. when I get home it has usually collapsed. I set up a web cam so I could watch it during the day from work and looks like he is aggrevating it.

• 4 weeks later...

Does age of the fish have anything to do with their drive to host something?

I just bought a true perc. 2 days ago, and it is fairly young and small. I was wondering if age matters? I have a hammer, candy cane, some zoos and 2 mushrooms in a 12 gallon. None are that big, but I hope he attempts to use one of them as a host till I get enough money for more options!

I have now witnessed my clown digging in the sand, as if making like a bed where he sleep in during the night. The first time he did it, it freaked me out b/c i saw this body laying on the sand... Luckly when the lights come one, he jumped up for another day of tank swimming.

Archived