Coral Vue Hydros

how long do moon lights stay on

doody

I don't have my actinics yet, and I run my two 19w 6500k pc lights for 7hr a day. I am running my 1wmoonlight for about7hr as well. the rest of the time its dark. Are my moonlights on too long?

my moonlights are on 24/7. i got lazy and never purchased another timer for it so i just left it on all the time. it has never harmed my tank. my pc's are on for 12 hours, then when they shut off, my moonlights are on for the other 12 hours until the pc's turn on the next day. so basically, my tank is never actually in complete darkness.....

If your get the coral life timer strip, it only costs 25 bucks plus tax. If you pick it up, then that's a plus to save you shipping costs. This timmer has a 24 hour day/night timmer. Once day time is over, day time outlets turn off, then the lights plugged into the night outlet turn on.

marinedepot

I already have timmers, and my tank does get a few hours of pure darkness. I just didnt know if there was a rule of how many hours of darkness.

Kappa, I don't think you really need them and I'm not sure if there's a benifit of haveing them. I use them for asthetic reasons. Also, I am at work most of the time my lights are on. So, i get to see some things at night.

My lights go from 1pm to 1am (so i can see it when i get home from work and im usually up late). My moonlights go from 5pm to 4am, though i may shorten it a little bit. So my moonlights are on for about 3 hours after my reg lights go off.

don't worry about getting a timer. LED's have a specific lifetime, and they'll last just as long if you run them 24/7 as they would if you only run them 1 hour per day. at least thats what i've been told (by the person who made my moonlight)

if they're bright enough, even during the day you can see the shimmer effect, which is ALWAYS cool.

Archived