Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New Cube Specs from JBJ

uscreef

holyherbiness

Looks like quite an improvement over the original , but i'm sure it'll cost loads more than the nano-cube (which I thought still costs too much)

• 2 weeks later...
extremelyslow

I found out that there is no 'upgrade path' and the Deluxe has a 'redesigned canopy'. I'm pissed that I just bought the Nanocube and was in the process of setting it up. Thanks JBJ.

Connie Kihara

I talked with jbj the other day and the nano deluxe is due out sometime this month and will retail for $159.99. It has 2 24 watt lights, 2 fans and a surface skimmer They have a new nano out now that is the same as the old one but with 2 fans for $119.99. They are also coming out with a 24 gal in Nov. that will have 2 36 watt lights and will retail for $250.00

I've seen the new hood and the reason it doesn't fit on the old tanks is how it connects to the tank. I guess they listened to all those folks who complained about not being able to take the hood off and made some changes that made it so the new hoods wouldn't fit on the hold tanks.

Steve

Oh...some one said the 24 gallon JBJ tanks were available now but according to a friend of mine who works at a LFS, that isn't the case. Some of the bigger stores have sample 24 gallon tanks and Boyu has been selling their 24 galllon/24 watts tanks for some times too. They're the ones who make the JBJ tanks. The JBJ tanks have better lightting and much better filterage than the Boyu tanks. The Boyu 24 gallon tanks are simply a bigger tank with the same lighting and back as the older 12 gallon Nano Cube. T

Steve

its a possibility, im still cycling but even when i run the fans/light for 12 hours the evaporation is very minimal, i plan on retrofitting at least another 32w to the system if i can do the install very sleekly, and the fan's will then help aid in cooling

im lookin at gettin it to the saltwater/reef tank set up. I was think off pickin up one of nano cubes for JBJ. Think of waitin for the 160 buck one so i have more lighting. I just want some corals and 2 clowns. What everyone think of them, and cost off get one up and running and month cost to take care of them. I have some people tell me its better to start out with a bigger tank then a small its easy to take care off, since the amount of water is greater.

i purchased my "newer" nano last week, the tank, 7.5lbs of cured marshall island, 20# of live sand,water, thermometer and watter diffuser (basically an angled plastic outlet) was like 235, with a little bit of a deal. (i paid more for the cured marshal island, like 7 a pound or something rediculous like that)

but im stoked because i found out that two people i know work at a closer lfs and can give me at least 10% off on anything i need know

Archived