Cultivated Reef

The Most Sensitive ATO available

Toddy

I need a different ATO for my 10 gallon tank I am about to setup. I have a JBJ but I think that the water level has to drop to much for the switch to drop and turn the pump on. Does anyone know of a ATO that is better?

Gilly's Reef

Ive had the same experience with the JBJ. Did not work for me. Im looking into the Tunze nano. Ive read great reviews. Second choice would probably be the Smart ATO that uses an optical sensor. Good luck!

Cencalfishguy56

I need a different ATO for my 10 gallon tank I am about to setup. I have a JBJ but I think that the water level has to drop to much for the switch to drop and turn the pump on. Does anyone know of a ATO that is better?

smart ATO micro, the second it drops below the water line on the sensor it turns on

Spectrapure UPLC-II. It is completely adjustable from as little as 1/10" to 4" at the touch of a button. Multiple safety levels and it uses the same 3 roller peristaltic pump as their LiterMeter.

I am going with the Smart ATO micro simply because its small and will fit in the crowded back of my tank, and its readily available in Canada at a somewhat affordable 158 dollars.

I just picked up a Tunze Osmolator Nano and it's very sensitive - it pumps 10-20 mL at a time. The pump goes off every 20-30 minutes in my open-top IM Fusion 20 at 78 degrees, and just stays on for a few seconds each time.

I have the smart ATO micro and am pleased with it. I like the optical sensor and the built in safety features. Unit shuts off if it runs too long or it the water level in the reserve tank gets too low.

I've been using the Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152 as well. I've had it going for 5 years. I've had it installed through 3 tank upgrades. It was on a 25 Litre AIO system, then a 65 Litre AIO System and then to my current one on my Aqua One Mini Reef 90. It works great and keeps my salinity stable to a point that I've never had an alarm on my Salinity metre for years...

I would go with the Smart Micro. I just put one in my Reefer 170 sump and it is very sensitive.

It is the replacement for a Tunze Osmolator which was defective.

I am going with the Smart ATO micro simply because its small and will fit in the crowded back of my tank, and its readily available in Canada at a somewhat affordable 158 dollars.

Where you you order it from?

reefsupplies.ca

The price was $158 Canadian dollars which is around 125 US$. The other Canadian sites I found it on wanted upwards of 160-170 so 158 was the best I found price wise.

Where you you order it from?

I find generally reef supplies and J & L tend to have the best prices in Canada for online vendors anyhow.

I had just checked them out and I was surprised. Actually even the IM Ghost Skimmer was another one that seemed good priced.

Archived