Top Shelf Aquatics

seabass

Do you have other occupants

There are just the two clownfish and a bicolor blenny (plus some anemones and corals).

I don't expect to find any, but I'm still looking around just in case.

Sorry to hear you werent successful this time but dont give up trying. With newly spawning pairs (in my experience) the next spawn can be anywhere from 6 - 10 weeks away. This usually settles down to every 6 weeks as they get their patterns set. The thing to remember is you can keep them on a regular spawning cycle or trick them into waiting until you're ready for it. So take the time to get ready for the next clutch and good luck when it happens

• Like 2

Thanks everyone. I'm bummed that I lost them, but I'll be better prepared next time. I'm going to read more about the process and about which foods can be used after rotifers (so I'll have everything on hand). I'll continue to culture the rotifers, and might even start to make my own phytoplankton (although I'd like to skip the baby brine shrimp). Plus, I kind of want to build a stand for the 20L and clear a better area for the tank.

Again, thanks for all of the information and encouragement. It was really appreciated, and I learned a lot.

• Like 2

Bummer it didn't work out - though I seem to recall reading that most first spawns don't work out that well. Very cool to see though, and good job on posting pictures and a lot of detail.

• Like 1

I was bummed reading this so i can imagine the disappointment you had.

The experience must have been good and now it gives you time to research for the next time. There is a postive :)

• Like 1

I was bummed reading this so i can imagine the disappointment you had.

The experience must have been good and now it gives you time to research for the next time. There is a postive :)

I am totally with Clown and other Posters about how sad and such a "Let down".

It wasn't ur fault. If it was meant to be, so be it :(

• Like 1