Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

seabass

I think you are very brave to give it a try. I once tried to remove cotton head ( I think that is what it was called ) from a coral beauty. Unfortunately he passed a week later. At some point if they are going to probably going to die it is worth giving it a shot. Maybe just massaging will loosen things up.

• Like 1

I'm not jumping to any conclusions here, but just reporting that she ate today. I won't speculate that she is better, getting better, or that I helped in some way. However, I suppose that it's better than her not eating.

• Like 7

I'm not jumping to any conclusions here, but just reporting that she ate today. I won't speculate that she is better, getting better, or that I helped in some way. However, I suppose that it's better than her not eating.

I hope its sign of improvement. :(

• Like 2

I have been following this thread, Seabass. I, like u, am worried and yet I am hopeful.

But, if she succumbs, U have tried and have done ur best.

• Like 2

I have been following this thread, Seabass. I, like u, am worried and yet I am hopeful.

I appreciate that Astinus.

I hope she makes it!

Thanks, got my fingers crossed.

How is she today?

Thanks for asking. She seems to be eating pretty normally today; although her energy level seems to be down a bit from yesterday. Also, her egg tube is still protruding (indicating excessive pressure). Here she is today:

• Like 2

Could this be from her breeding so often?

I don't know; but I don't believe that the frequency was the problem. Still, if I had to guess, I would say it was a complication of the pregnancy. The move interrupted the laying of her eggs (that probably would have relieved some of the pressure, which I believe is causing her ailment). Now she's dealing with the pressure of the eggs, and the pressure of not being able to move her bowels. I'm also guessing that she's too uncomfortable to spawn.

I tried to extract her eggs in an attempt to relieve some of the pressure. While it was unsuccessful, she did start eating again. Not sure if that's a good sign, or if it will ultimately add to the problem. I'm tempted to try the extraction again, but I don't want to keep stressing her. However, as long as she doesn't appear to be in distress and is eating, I won't do any more.

Hang in there I imagine it is hard waiting. I think you have done every thing you could. Lets just keep fingers crossed for a full recovery.

Thanks. Will do.

• Like 1

damn, this thread stresses me out!

:) Yeah, it's quite the soap opera, isn't it?

Still hoping she continues to recover. I'll be happy if/when she has another clutch.

• Like 6