Pod Your Reef

seabass

Home to one:

110416a.jpg

Here he is:

110416b.jpg

Rock in bucket:

110416c.jpg

did papa clown get mad once the rock was removed?

He really didn't seem that distressed about it.

l have to agree l would not return the rock either but l generally advise against removing it in the first place pappa knows how to care for them best ;)

Yeah, just panicked. I was under the impression that they all hatched on the same day; so when I saw one, I figured the others should have come after waiting that much longer. I didn't want to shine the light directly on them, so I thought I saw a lot less eggs with no larvae.

It was only after I had moved the rock that I noticed that most of the eggs were still there. I'm afraid that I messed up again this time too. But I'm still hoping that some of the others will still hatch.

• Like 10

Seabass, when I raised my fry, I only kept 1-2" of water in the 5 gallon tank. IT is much easier to get the density of rotifer that the larvae need in a smaller amount of water. I vacumed the tank 4-5 Xs a day (usually after they had depleted some of the rotifer) and added new made salt water after each vacume. That way they were getting constant WCs too.

• Like 5

same thing happend to me a while back when i first started. And HOLY MOTHER OF GOD did it take a lot to keep those fry alive for the first 3 or 4 days let alone for the first 2 weeks.

• Like 2

Hey hey hey, so I saw this movie one time about a clownfish and all of his clownfish eggs got eaten BUT ONE.

Seriously, if ever a clownfish was ACTUALLY MEANT TO BE NAMED FOR THIS FILM, this is that clownfish. It will be the clownfish actually deserving of the name Nemo.

So as cliche as it sounds, I totally think you should name the little dude Nemo. ESPECIALLY if he lives.

Nemo, the fish who lived. (lets cross stories while we're at it)

• Like 8

He's still swimming around.

Vlangel, good tip on the water level!

I'm shocked just how dirty the tank got in one day. I mean there is just one little guy in there. :wacko:

Hey hey hey, so I saw this movie one time about a clownfish and all of his clownfish eggs got eaten BUT ONE.

:lol:

• Like 7

I was hoping that a few more would hatch, but I just checked the eggs. They didn't hatch and have turned white; all were lost. So it's just the one that made it.

• Like 1

I was hoping that a few more would hatch, but I just checked the eggs. They didn't hatch and have turned white; all were lost. So it's just the one that made it.

that's crazy. I wonder why. How is the lone wolf?

:) He does need a name. And being alone, you can't mistake him for someone else. Of course, if all goes well, he'll eventually become a she. I'm kind of thinking about Finley (aka the lone wolf, story of a real Nemo).

• Like 12