Cultivated Reef

Ultra Clear Tank Giveaway! Your Idea Due by October 14th!

UNS

MainelyReefer

Acan dominant 10" cube

Kessil A80

Koralia 240 or 425

Yellow clown goby

Water change only to minimize the look and because you don't need to much filtration on such a small tank

But in all honesty it would probably just get used as an ATO reservoir

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saltwater garden with my tree shaped green frogspawn on a hill shaped rock as the centerpiece surrounded by a garden of colorful zoas as flowers covering the bare bottom after painting the underside grass green. Nanobox light, Aquaclear hob with InTank media box housing heater, etc. to keep the inside as free as possible.

I love these tanks!!

12 inch Cube

White AI Prime/Kessil A80

xAQUA In/Out System
Eshopps Nano Fuge

Tunze 9004

Sicce Syncra Return Pump

Chemi Pure Blue

Smart ATO Micro

Neo-Therm Heater

Fiji Pink Sand
5Lbs of LR

Livestock:

Pair of Wyoming White Clown fish

Sexy Shrimp x2

Porcelain Crab

Mini CUC

High end show piece corals (Scoly, Mushrooms, Zoas, 2-3 pieces of unique SPS)

Here's what I would do!

1. Nanobox Tide for lighting, heater hidden behind rockscape and powerhead camouflaged by macro algae so the tank looks as natural as possible

2. An aquascape that would breach the top so I can incorporate mangroves and airplants

3. I would provide filtration with display macro algae

4. Corals would include mushrooms and zoas

5. No fish, I would keep this invert-only and include a few rock flower anemones, sexy shrimp, anemone shrimp, anemone crabs, scarlet hermits and some scutus limpets!

One center island with an SPS dominant display of acros branching out from each side of the island. Lit with some form of kessil with a single mp10 in the center back for flow with its low profile. Possibly a pair of naked clowfish to round it out.

Cencalfishguy56

The Mame overflow! Those things are sick. I love the ideas guys. Keep them coming

hell yea! They keep the look of your guys' tanks clean

My elegance coral was the first coral I ever purchased, and ever since it has been the centerpiece of my aquarium. After about 15 months, though, it is now outgrowing my current tank.

Rather than risk sawing it, or simply selling it, I'd set up a second tank primarily for displaying this coral. I'd plumb it into my current setup, keep the tank barebottom, elevate the coral on a small acrylic pedestal, and add a fish or two. Illumination would be either the new A80 or a Prime, though a Coral Compulsion may be an alternative.

And if my two RFA's end up having babies, I'd add some sand and fill the floor with a rock flower anemone family.

I would do:

• Frosted back glass
  • Nanobox Mini Tide
  • AC30 for flow and filtration
  • Three rocks, each with a different ricordea florida morph (lime, blue, and purple maybe?)
  • One red headed goby
  • Clean-up crew
  • Some sort of macro algae for added texture

Rics are my absolute favorite, and I think these tanks would be perfect for a visually pleasing, dedicated tank.

Simple Zoa garden on a live rock shelve with a variety of shrooms .diy led fixture with the smallest power head I can find for a steady water flow.no filter simple water changes thats about it

T- MINUS 2 DAYS! Keep em coming!

Looks like a lot of you would go with the Nanobox for your setups. Would these lights be good for an SPS tank of this size?

Cencalfishguy56

Looks like a lot of you would go with the Nanobox for your setups. Would these lights be good for an SPS tank of this size?

definitely would do just fine!

I would use either size as a tank for my desk at work

Corner acrylic box for surface skimming with a rack for floss and pump for circulation.

Custom light with 2 3ups

Rock work to cover the corner and flowing down.

Black sand.

Sexy Shrimp - 4

Frags of my current zoas, candy canes, toadstool, fl rics .

Smaller RBTA from my multiple splits.

I'd do mame overflow with a small sump, and hide a small powerhead behind the rocks. I'd go bare bottom and use my spare Nanobox Tide for lighting. Then I'd stuff it as full of zoas and acans and rics, with some kind of centerpiece coral, maybe a torch or a really pretty leather.

Mitch's Fishes

Oh man I love clean, simple cubes like this. I would do a Euphyllia only tank and keep the scape nice and simple. A center, branching rock would have hammers, torches, and frogspawns attached. I would only add a pair of snowflake clowns to go with the modern, clean design of the system.

As far as equipment:

Light: Nanobox tide

Flow: MP10QD

Filtration: I'd love to do a custom overflow to a sump in order to keep as much equipment out of the tank as possible

Sump: DIY 3 chamber system

Heater: ViaAqua 100w titanium heater

I've always wanted to try a low tech Xenia dominated tank. I love Xenia but I'm too scared to put it in my tank. So I'd do a few different varieties of Xenia and keep a bunch of sexy shrimp.

I'd use a Tom's canister filter and maybe keep it simple with a Par 30 or 38 on a gooseneck for lighting.

Yeah the nanobox is pretty popular - more than enough power for a small cube with SPS. A PAR38 would also do the trick. Wouldn't look as sleek but costs quite a bit less.

It's interesting to see all the cool ideas and amazing to think about how many possible combinations of corals, fish, and inverts there are in the saltwater hobby. A lot of opportunity to create something unique.

Lighting: Nanobox Tide

Filtration: AC 70

Heating: Neotherm

Rock scape would be minimalistic with an easy to access sandbed.

I would like to move my two domino clowns into it with a large torch or frogspawn centerpiece with an assortment of LPS around the base and rest of the rockwork. :)

I would probably drill it or instal custom AIO insert

Light it with a AI prime

RW 4 for some flow

As for corals acans and lobos only

Archived