ReefCleaners.org

Ultra Clear Tank Giveaway! Your Idea Due by October 14th!

UNS

Your Idea is Due October 14th!

We need your help nano-reefers! We are mainly freshwater focused and haven't touched reef in years. We want to see exactly what our tanks are capable of now.

So to help promote UNS and our new Mitered Edge tanks, we are giving away 2 cubes just for you nano-reefers! The sizes are

All you have to do is tell us your plans on what you would do to with the tank in this thread! Lighting, specs, customized parts, livestock, and as much detail as you can. The two tanks we'll be giving away is one 25C (10" cube) and one 30C (12"cube).

Winners will be chosen at RANDOM on October 14th! Good luck!

post-92138-0-85942900-1475603381_thumb.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh man I would love the cube to do a full symbiosis tank with anenome hosting fish and inverts and a shrimp goby pair. I would also have one acro colony in the center to host some acro crabs. I would light it with a radion gen 3 I have lying around and some type of wavemaker. In the back, I would have many mangroves to observe all the microfauna that grows on their roots.

Ricordea garden with Greenbanded Goby pair, nanobox Tide, and MAME overflow kit into a small sump.

That way you keep the simple elegant lines your tanks have.

Euphyllia only tank with eshopps eclipse S overflow going into a small cube sump like the Icecap RS-15. As for lighting not sure but something like a nanobox tide.

Sexy Shrimp Harem Reeftank! - with many MiniCarpet & Rock Anemones and Ricordeas!

Lighting: AI Prime HD

Movement: MP10WQD

Stand: DIY

Filtration: Reef Octopus NH50 Protein Skimmer + Biopellet Reactor

ATO: AutoAqua Smart ATO Micro

Heater: Cobalt Easy-Therm Submersible Heater

Chiller: AquaWind Twin Aquarium Fan

Water: 6 Stage RODI Deluxe System

College dorm tank: Ultimate nano tank from NanoReef sponsors

Lighting: NanoBox Mini Tide+ LED Lighting

Heater: NeoTherm with ReefSafeSolutions controller also with JBJ C-Breeze

Powerhead: MP10wQD

ATO: Not sure. Tunze works well but is chunky, perhaps a smaller one.

Filtration: Aquaclear 70 (overkill) with Intank LLC media basket and OceanBox surface skimmer

Rock: ReefCleaners dry rock. Pest free!

Livestock: Acropora. Yes, acropora nano. With HOB filtration. I think I can do it, especially given how easy water changes are on such a small tank! If not that low nutrient setup I would do zoanthids and/or acan

ReefSafeSolutions

I think it would be cool to do a little cube full of Euphyllia and a couple of clownfish!

Light: AI Prime HD

Wavemaker: Whatever I can find for cheap!

Stand: Kitchen Counter (granite)

Filtration: DIY Media Baskets (put the ol' CNC router to good use!)

ATO: Raspberry Pi Tank Automation Controller (another DIY)

Heater: Marineland cheapie

Rock: Reef Cleaners Dry Rock

Sand: Caribsea Fiji Pink

Return Pump: Whatever I can find for cheap!

(Probably would need to find some kind of HOB filter or get a mini Petco tank and sump it)

I would go minimal: heat, light, and flow only.

A single rock covered in GSP with a few sexy shrimp and a nice "pendant style" light.

10" Cube

Mame glass over flow with glass Lilly pipe return

UP18 sump by Skimz

Icecap K2-50 skimmer

Waveline DC2500 return

Nanobox Mini Tide (white on white)

Marinepure bio block

Tropic eden reef flakes

Tunze ATO nano

Livestock:

6"-7" Super Blue maxima clam

1 super picaso clownfish

look like pretty sweet tanks - here's a link to their website: http://ultumnaturesystems.com/

The mitered edge system is unique - can't say I've ever seen that before. What is the purpose of having the glass joined like this? Does it produce a less noticeable joint? It does seem that it would maximize the amount of sealant contact compared to a traditional corner.

My idea? I've really grown to like sexy shrimp but I've never kept a tank small enough to trust keeping them. Given these are relatively small tanks (about 4g for 10" cube, 7g for 12" cube) it would be a perfect display for sexy shrimp and some mini carpet anemones - probably a pom-pom crab too. The 12" cube would add a torch coral in one corner :D The 10" would probably have to be a smaller type of euphyllia (probably my fav. type of coral).

All my tanks are pretty heavy DIY. I like them to be unique and DIY is probably one of my favorite aspects of the hobby because it allows me to discover new ways of doing things. Budget is $150 (not incl. livestock).

In short - The tank will sit on a glossy white rotating mini-stand on top of a desk or bookshelf.

- The stand will incorporate a white backdrop with bottom mounted RGB LED strips behind the tank. The intention is not to alter the appearance of the inhabitants, a soft glow/wall wash only that adds to the appearance of the tank. Low iron glass should enhance this effect as you will be able to clearly see the background lighting without discoloration.

- Sand will be a fine while oolite with a single piece of non-jagged pukani LR slightly offset from the center that has a few mini carpet anemones on the sloping edges.

- Lighting will be low profile DIY that I already have parts for. ATO also DIY, using a small optical water level sensor if I can figure it out.

- Canister filter with glass pipes or possibly DIY low profile acrylic intake/return.

I think that having a lot of open space in the tank will be cool. The low iron glass and soft accent lighting should give the tank a dramatic feel. Being able to rotate it for different viewpoints will also be cool.

Nice ideas guys! We might have to steal of some them for our showroom :P

look like pretty sweet tanks - here's a link to their website: http://ultumnaturesystems.com/

The mitered edge system is unique - can't say I've ever seen that before. What is the purpose of having the glass joined like this? Does it produce a less noticeable joint? It does seem that it would maximize the amount of sealant contact compared to a traditional corner.

My idea? I've really grown to like sexy shrimp but I've never kept a tank small enough to trust keeping them. Given these are relatively small tanks (about 4g for 10" cube, 7g for 12" cube) it would be a perfect display for sexy shrimp and some mini carpet anemones.

Will modify this post tonight with the specifics.

The purpose is really aesthetic. It does produce a less noticeable joint while preserving the clarity of the edges. Aside from that, we're the only ones doing it! It is arguable that the mitered joints provide more surface area thus giving it a stronger bond. We haven't had a leak on any of our tanks and we're so confident that we offer a 2 year manufacturer's warranty!

Totally hidden plumbing, NanoBox Tide (already have), 4 sided view , mix of zoas / Lps down low with varied digitata up high , mix of small inverts

RIP Sebastian

I would do a tank with a shrimp/goby pair and maybe a jawfish or two. I'd also consider -with the 12 inch cube- a Mandarin tank. I'd use my old Nanobox Duo. Not gonna lie, I'd totally sump this tank. I have an old AGA in my basement just waiting to be used.

Hardware:

10 or 12 inch UNS Cube (congrats on the ReefBuilders article by the way)

My ol' Nanobox Duo

Glass-Holes Nano Sump Kit and Baffles
​10 Gallon AGA Sump

Tunze 9004

Sicce Return Pump

BRS Mini Reactor w/ MJ1200

DIY Recessed Screen Top

Smart ATO Micro w/ Resevoir

DIY Crapper Trapper

Neo-Therm Heater

Stand of Some Sort

Livestock:

3-5" of Sand

5 Pound of Live Rock- I'm Thinking Tonga Branch

Yasha Goby Pair w/ Coral Banded Shrimp

MAYBE a Jawfish... Maybe

Huge Elegance Coral

OR WITH A 12 INCH CUBE

1 Inch of Sand

5 Pounds Reef Saver Rock

Blue Mandarin (Maybe a Pair)

Crap Ton of Macros

In-Sump Fuge

So, my idea is to basically keep the tank looking as clean as possible while housing a cute lil' shrimp/goby pair, plus a gigantic Elegance, or a macro garden plus a mandy or two.

Nick

Custom led; jellyfish tank with external magnetically controlled vortex movement.

also what are your tank sizes? I wanted to pick some stuff up but never saw the dims.

Minimalist scape with a prime running over the top. Probably more focused on rics, zoas, and RFAs. Small bedroom tank

Custom led; jellyfish tank with external magnetically controlled vortex movement.

also what are your tank sizes? I wanted to pick some stuff up but never saw the dims.

Our other thread has all the tank sizes. Right now you can purchase via our online partner buceplant.com. Thanks!

Recently I was hit with the bug to diy, so I would be doing as much as I can diy, such as lighting, controller, and filtration.

For livestock I would have zoa's. Lots and lots of zoas, maybe a few leathers for some height.

Nice tanks!

I would love to do a RFA garden with sexy shrimp and tailspot blenny.

Lighting would be a NBR Tide

and filtration would be an aquaclear 20 running floss and some chemipure.

Nanobox light; no filtration besides the live rock/water changes.

Then I'd stuff it full of high end LPS, zoas and a neon goby.

Keep it simple stupid

Archived