vlangel

Dawn's seahorse garden, now with fish! 2 year Anniversary!

2018-10-11_07-49-47

2018-10-11_07-52-47

2018-10-10_05-15-05

Some seahorses pics.  I had just blasted the tank with a turkey baster which is why there is sand on everything.

• Like 3

Ahhhhhh :wub:

I love the peaceful beachy look from the bare bottom/sand interface.

• Like 2

Super cool, I dig the motion of tank and the open aquascape. I bet a pipe fish would like it in there too..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Ahhhhhh :wub:

I love the peaceful beachy look from the bare bottom/sand interface.

Thanks teeny.  I like that too.  What I do not like is how I always have rust colored algae on the sand. 🤔

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zuma said:

Super cool, I dig the motion of tank and the open aquascape. I bet a pipe fish would like it in there too..

This tank is 24" high for the seahorses.  It's a myth that they do best in low flow, they actually do best in high turnover and hitch places in low, medium and high flow so they can choose.  The tank has 22Xs turnover so there is some good water movement, (but still quieter spots for the ponies if they choose) and now with swimming bennies I also like the motion.

I kick around ordering 2 CB banded pipes from Ocean Rider.  I have had them before and they come trained to eat mysis.  Their lifespan only seems to be about 2 years though. 

• Like 1

I have been looking at gobies and jawfish as my next possible additions to the seahorse garden.  I like the idea of 2 juvenile yellowhead jawfish and hoping that they will pair up at some time.  A rusty goby would be nice too and both of those can be gotten from KPAquatics.  Also a neon goby might be nice but I don't know if they might make the ponies nervous by trying to clean them, so I might hold off on one of them.

• Like 1

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions