inTank Media Baskets

Dawn's pony garden.

vlangel

19 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Glad everything is going well for Ruth........ I love love love Delilah and her punk rock hairdo.  

Have fun on vacation! :) 

I know what you mean about Delilah's punk hairdo, I adore it too.  I hope she keeps it.  Many erectus seahorses lose their cirri when they move into full adulthood.  She still acts like an older juvenile.

• Like 2

We are home and happy to see all the ponies are in fine shape.  Ruth very slowly continues to grow new skin on her neck where the worst eroded area was from her skin infection.  I do worry that she has been on continous antibiotics for over a month so when this round is finished I may just keep her in the hospital tank with just clean salt water.  I am still pondering that however.

The DT had its share of film algae on the glass and a bit of HA on some of the gorgs that are not exactly thriving but other than that, it looked good.  2 WCs and a little elbow grease pretty much has it back to normal except the algae on the bb.  Eve, Sammy and Delilah all look great.

• Like 7

I am worried that Ruth may be taking a turn for the worse.  She was very lethargic and did not eat yesterday.  Perhaps it was because I had a long day of work and when I got home her light had already gone off.  At first I actually thought she had died because I could not see her breathing.  Eventually she did move a bit.  I decided to see if she was perkier this morning.  She ate but sluggishly.  I put amphipods to entice her and she caught one but she doesn't seem herself.

She has been on triple sulfa for almost a month and a half.  I don't know if prolonged antibiotic treatment is dangerous, I suspect perhaps it can have side effects.  For that reason I am discontinueing it and am just going to keep her in clean saltwater.  Yesterday's WC was probably about 85% to eliminate most of the antibiotic.  It will be up to her now.

• Like 2

That's sucks to hear! Can you isolate her inside the tank to get a better look? Maybe turn off all the flow too and see if she moves around anymore. Then maybe put a pile of frozen food right next to her. Do you think it's an eating problem? Any parasites you can see?

I've never used any fish medication before, but I can imagine a prolonged treatment could cause adverse effects.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Oh sorry to read this. I hope it goes well. I know you are on top of it and doing every thing you can. Fingers crossed.

She looked better this afternoon, so who knows.  I am gonna continue to do my best for her.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Oh, hope Ruth can pull through! Fingers crossed for your baby!

7 hours ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Oh no! Thoughts and prayers going your way!

7 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Good vibes to Ruth ~~~~~~~~~~~

4 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Fingers crossed that Ruth pulls through!

4 hours ago, Han Solo said:

That's sucks to hear! Can you isolate her inside the tank to get a better look? Maybe turn off all the flow too and see if she moves around anymore. Then maybe put a pile of frozen food right next to her. Do you think it's an eating problem? Any parasites you can see?

I've never used any fish medication before, but I can imagine a prolonged treatment could cause adverse effects.

Thanks every one for caring so much.  

Hans, its definitely not parasites and she had been eating like a champ until a day ago.  I am hoping her appetite comes back.

• Like 4

Today I fed Ruth her frozen mysis and after she finished it I gave her about 7 amphipods.  Later when I did her WC all the amphipods were gone which is a good sign.  In order for her to prey upon the amphipods she had to be alert and energetic enough to get them.

• Like 6

Ruth definitely seems livelier and more alert.  I feel like it was the right thing to discontinue the antibiotic treatment.  I looked at her neck with a magnifying glass and I am still not sure if it is healing.  Time will tell but if after a month and a half of treatment and her neck didn't heal then I doubt more time was going to help.  I am cautiously optimistic that she will recover on her own from here.

• Like 6
RIP Sebastian
1 hour ago, vlangel said:

Ruth definitely seems livelier and more alert.  I feel like it was the right thing to discontinue the antibiotic treatment.  I looked at her neck with a magnifying glass and I am still not sure if it is healing.  Time will tell but if after a month and a half of treatment and her neck didn't heal then I doubt more time was going to help.  I am cautiously optimistic that she will recover on her own from here.

Fingers crossed!

I added an 800 gph rio powerhead pointed at the floor of the aquarium to help lift more detritus.  That brings the total flow in the tank to 2500 gph and the ponies are fine.  Hopefully the tank is even more self cleaning.

• Like 5

The seahorses and I are all still alive.  Things have been crazy(in a good way)since our son got a job in Pgh.  He, his wife and son are living with us until they find a house.  Living with a 7 year old grandson is fun but sometimes I get worn out, ha ha!  There are always alien attacks and all sorts of catastrophies to deal with.  Sometimes we fight them off with super soakers and sometimes we run away to utopias made out of plasticville and legos!

• Like 6

1500575113604-323145321

Proof that at least my ponies are still alive!

I am still figuring out flickr since photobucket changed things.  Uhgg technology, just about the time I learn to do something they change it.

• Like 5
49 minutes ago, vlangel said:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/144521231@N02/566JrE

Proof that at least my ponies are still alive!

I am still figuring out flickr since photobucket changed things.  Uhgg technology, just about the time I learn to do something they change it.

With flickr, the bottom right of the gray box, just below and beside your picture should be a white swoopy arrow that you click on and it gives you the link to be able to share your pics.  Copy and paste directly into the editor here and it should automatically show up.

• Like 2
fishfreak0114

Yep, what Lula said.  The BB code.  Glad to hear the ponies and you are well!  I hear you about getting worn out, I have two younger cousins visiting and they both want to do things with me at the same time all the time!  It's a bit chaotic haha.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

With flickr, the bottom right of the gray box, just below and beside your picture should be a white swoopy arrow that you click on and it gives you the link to be able to share your pics.  Copy and paste directly into the editor here and it should automatically show up.

Thanks Lula.  I tried that but after I pasted it, and tapped on post the whole box turned pink.  I thought maybe the pic was too big so I chose a medium size but it still was pink.  Do I need to go smaller yet?

I tried the flickr app but it doesn't even show the gray box with the swoopy arrow.  Did I already say I hate technology?

That must be exciting to know they will be close (your son and his family). 

I'm glad the ponies are doing well! How's Ruth? 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, vlangel said:

Thanks Lula.  I tried that but after I pasted it, and tapped on post the whole box turned pink.  I thought maybe the pic was too big so I chose a medium size but it still was pink.  Do I need to go smaller yet?

I tried the flickr app but it doesn't even show the gray box with the swoopy arrow.  Did I already say I hate technology?

Err...I dunno.  I use my computer lol.  Flicker wanted to upload all of my pics from my phone which is over 2k of them and I was like ...nah...  I've never had to choose a photo size for it either, I just paste it, and press "enter" and it makes the pic show up.  Maybe someone else can help more lol.

• Like 1
On 7/21/2017 at 9:12 AM, stellablue said:

That must be exciting to know they will be close (your son and his family). 

I'm glad the ponies are doing well! How's Ruth? 

It is really awesome Rachel.  I love the consistent natural interaction with my grandson.  This morning he was helping me in my flower garden with weeding and planting some perrenials.  At 7 years old he has such a thirst for learning new things and its so much fun to be a part of that.

• Like 6