vlangel

19 hours ago, fishfreak0114 said:

Beautiful as usual!!! :wub:

Thank you fishfreak!

22 hours ago, vlangel said:

20170602_193850_zps3c9mcf5t.jpg

June FTS

20170602_194035_zpspjcfsrn9.jpg

I am going to carry this to the new page.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Such a clean scape. I love it.

I love the ease of cleaning it, especially for seahorses but I do miss the sand.  Its so clean that its a bit sterile.

Just now, markalot said:

Awesome, so clear and natural looking.

Have you switched to a RODI system from tap?

I have.  Actually probably a year or so ago.

• Like 1
Just now, vlangel said:

I have.  Actually probably a year or so ago.

There goes my idea of what might be bothering Eve.  Glad you did though! :)

Seems so many little things can bug the seahorses, it's maddening.  

• Like 1

Tonight when I did Ruth's WC in the HT I decided that she needed some stimulation.  I have a 5 gallon amphipod culture so I shook out some cheato and got about 20 pods.  I figured that would help me gauge Ruth's health.  If an apetite for pods is any indication, I'd say Ruth is doing pretty good.  I just wish the place on her neck would heal.

2 minutes ago, markalot said:

There goes my idea of what might be bothering Eve.  Glad you did though! :)

Seems so many little things can bug the seahorses, it's maddening.  

It really is maddening.  My latest theory is she got a secondary infection after suffering from an intestinal infection from eating bad shrimp.  This infection is a skin infection however so I don't know.

• Like 7
RIP Sebastian
57 minutes ago, vlangel said:

20170603_191732_zpsbnbnjulz.jpg

I wanted RIP sebastion to see his GSP and xenia that he gave me.

Thanks, Dawn. Looks great! Glad to see they're doing well! I'm happy that Ruth is still eating.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Thanks, Dawn. Looks great! Glad to see they're doing well! I'm happy that Ruth is still eating.

The GSP is growing on top of the place where I could not get paint on the underneath glass because of the brace so its perfect.  I have always loved xenia but never had luck with it before so I am glad what you gave me seems to be thriving.

Ruth hunted down all 20 amphipods within half an hour.

1 hour ago, Pinner Reef said:

You're the best I know when it comes to ponies... just sayin

Ahh thanks Pinner for the vote of confidence.  I am doing my best, thats for sure.

• Like 4

Ruth has been through a full treatment of triple sulfa.  She seems so healthy but her neck looks no different.  She hunted down pods again today.  Tomorrow I will make a decision about whether I treat her with a different antibiotic or return her to the DT with the assumption that she never had an ulcer.

• Like 3

Well, decision made. Ruth is showing recession of one of the white places on her back so I believe that is healing.  As a result I think I should keep on keeping on and treat Ruth for another round of triple sulfa.

In the meantime I realized it was time to overhaul the amphipod culture because it was full of dinos (at least I think that is what it is).  I rinsed off all the rock and cheato and put in a bucket with clean salt water.  Then I slowly cupped out water and scrutinized each cup full for pods.  When I had all the pods out of the 5 gallon culture tank I thoroughly washed it in bleach and then rinsed well.  I replaced the rock and cheato along with some of the pods I found.  I gave Ruth some of the pods and the rest I used to seed my fuge, which BTW is beginning to propagate pods from when I seeded it 2 months ago.  That will really be healthy for my fuge and my ponies.  The pods will help eliminate excess detritus and as pods are sucked into the return pump and shot into the DT they will either be excellant food or cuc.  Its a win win situation!

• Like 7
9 hours ago, markalot said:

Has Ruth improved?

She continues to improve daily.  She is slowly growing new skin over the ulcerated area and it's almost all covered.  I am happy with how its turning out.  

The only concern I have is the 24th our family is meeting at a chalet in NC mountains.  I hope she is totally healed by then as I hate to stick my sister with her extra care.  She gets a 50% WC every day plus she is fed separately.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, vlangel said:

She continues to improve daily.  She is slowly growing new skin over the ulcerated area and it's almost all covered.  I am happy with how its turning out.  

The only concern I have is the 24th our family is meeting at a chalet in NC mountains.  I hope she is totally healed by then as I hate to stick my sister with her extra care.  She gets a 50% WC every day plus she is fed separately.

NC mountains are the best!  <--is partial.

Hopefully she is all better by the time you head out.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

NC mountains are the best!  <--is partial.

Hopefully she is all better by the time you head out.

The chalet is up a mountain surrounded by a christmas tree farm.  My husband and I with our 3 married sons and families meet there for vacation.  It really is beautiful.

I am hoping Ruth is ready to be back in the DT by then.  Its a lot of added work with her in HT.  My sister would do it though.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!  We are enjoying our vacation in the mountains of NC with our married kids and grandkids.

My ponies are doing fine, even Ruth who is still in HT, according to my sister who is fish-sitting them.  We will return Saturday so maybe I will have an update next week.

• Like 6
RIP Sebastian
3 hours ago, vlangel said:

Hi everyone!  We are enjoying our vacation in the mountains of NC with our married kids and grandkids.

My ponies are doing fine, even Ruth who is still in HT, according to my sister who is fish-sitting them.  We will return Saturday so maybe I will have an update next week.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself and that everyone is doing well.

• Like 1

Glad everything is going well for Ruth........ I love love love Delilah and her punk rock hairdo.  

Have fun on vacation! :) 

• Like 1