Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dawn's pony garden.

vlangel

5 minutes ago, Astinus said:

TY Dawn for posting this Vid :)  Cool stuff.

:wub: watching ur Vids and Thread :)  Can't wait til u can get ur new ponies! :wub:

Having my water making station right there where I do WCs will be very handy when my WCs go from 15 gallons a week to 30 gallons a week, ha ha!  The new ponies coming is what motivated me to make a change.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Looking great as always, Dawn.

Thanks Nick.  I went to the reef gallery this afternoon.  I traded some of my macro for some of his which was a great deal. One of the macros is codium and one is another red macro but I didn't know the name.   Also I bought a purple sponge frag which is nice.  He has a blue sponge that I want next time.

• Like 3
RIP Sebastian
6 minutes ago, vlangel said:

Thanks Nick.  I went to the reef gallery this afternoon.  I traded some of my macro for some of his which was a great deal. One of the macros is codium and one is another red macro but I didn't know the name.   Also I bought a purple sponge frag which is nice.  He has a blue sponge that I want next time.

Cool! Adam is great. Ice traded macros to him, too. The stuff grows like wildfire in my tank (thanks again for it, btw). The Halimeda in his seahorse tank came from me/you! Is the sponge photosynthetic?

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Cool! Adam is great. Ice traded macros to him, too. The stuff grows like wildfire in my tank (thanks again for it, btw). The Halimeda in his seahorse tank came from me/you! Is the sponge photosynthetic?

I am not sure but Adam said it is easy to grow.  I will let you know.  You can have some of mine if it thrives.

RIP Sebastian
18 minutes ago, vlangel said:

I am not sure but Adam said it is easy to grow.  I will let you know.  You can have some of mine if it thrives.

Thanks! That's so kind of you.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Omigosh I'm so excited you've decided to raise baby seahorses again! omgomgomg

I would have to go back and look what I wrote for sure but I think I said I am pondering raising fry.  First I have to have a courting pair.

I noticed that Eve has chosen a higher hitch since I rescaped on Friday.  She has a matriarchal air about her.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, vlangel said:

I would have to go back and look what I wrote for sure but I think I said I am pondering raising fry.  First I have to have a courting pair.

I noticed that Eve has chosen a higher hitch since I rescaped on Friday.  She has a matriarchal air about her.

I've decided it's going to happen :D

• Like 5
3 hours ago, vlangel said:

The matriarch with the patriarch looking on from above!

Oh my, you couldn't have gotten a shot like that on purpose if you waited all day! I love it :wub:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Oh my, you couldn't have gotten a shot like that on purpose if you waited all day! I love it :wub:

I know.  I was sitting on the couch watching my Penguins getting beat by the Flyers when I looked over and saw Eve. I grabbed the tablet and snapped away.  I was afraid when she saw me she would unhitch and beg for food instead.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

wow! That pic was taken with a tablet? Impressive. I can't even get a decent pic with a $2000 camera!

All my pics are taken with my Samsung Galaxy tablet.  It has limitations like I can't zoom in and out (or I don't know how) and the lighting can be tricky.  If I can get the pic to look good on the screen then usually the finished pic is good too.

• Like 2

I tinkered with the scape again.  I am always trying to get the best flow pattern.  One that congregates the debris in a nice easy accessible spot to syphon up.

I also pointed my nano-stream straight down at the bb.

• Like 1

I am sitting in the airport and wishing that I had double checked the battery backup.  O well, at least my sister is coming every day.