Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dawn's pony garden.

vlangel

I never thought an additional fish would be useful for seahorses! I know Adam has some captive bred Bangaiis from time to time. I've read that they tend to do better in pairs. Pipes are cool, too.

I did not know that Adam got CB bangaiis. That is way better than ordering them from Hawaii. I think I will talk to Adam and just wait til he gets some. I would like a pair more than just 1 anyway.

• Like 1

Yesterday when Dave fed the ponies, Eve sort of jumped back like she was either spooked or something hurt her. I was pretty worried that when I left today that Dave was going to have a sick pony on his hands. It turns out that she was completely normal today and she ate like a horse!

• Like 7

I was worried about KB last night. He travelled in a 5 gallon salt bucket half filled with salt water and a battery backup aerator pump from Pittsburgh to Charlotte. I quickly acclimated him to my son's tank and released him. Last night it looked like he had popeye.

Today he looked good and he ate with the rest of Nate's fish. I think he will be fine.

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

Yesterday when Dave fed the ponies, Eve sort of jumped back like she was either spooked or something hurt her. I was pretty worried that when I left today that Dave was going to have a sick pony on his hands. It turns out that she was completely normal today and she ate like a horse!

"Ate like a horse."- :lol:

• Like 1

Dave took a pic of my ponies at the feed trough. They are eating well. Tomorrow he will do his first water change without me looking on. I have written instructions so I know he will be fine if there are no unforeseen equipment failures or anything.

• Like 2

Dave took a pic of my ponies at the feed trough. They are eating well. Tomorrow he will do his first water change without me looking on. I have written instructions so I know he will be fine if there are no unforeseen equipment failures or anything.

:scarry:

I mean, I'm sure it will be fine :lol:

• Like 3

:scarry:

I mean, I'm sure it will be fine :lol:

I got an email early this morning that said, "seahorse water change day!" so he didn't forget. Thats a good sign.

i'm sure he'll be fine. Hope you're having fun in NC! Or SC. Or VA. I forget which. :lol:

Yes, I have a lot of confidence in Dave.

Ha ha, my son lives in SC just over the border a couple of miles from NC. That is a bit confusing so its ok that you couldn't remember where he lived.

RIP Sebastian

On a plus side your missing miserable weather. It could be raining, snowing, or slushy any given moment.

Yep. That you are. I have to walk outside to get to my science classes. It's awful in the snow.

Yep. That you are. I have to walk outside to get to my science classes. It's awful in the snow.

On a plus side your missing miserable weather. It could be raining, snowing, or slushy any given moment.

We have had great weather here and that is definitely a plus. I think starting tomorrow we will be back down in the 40s but it sure felt real nice for 3 days. I am missing my hubby, my Harley (our shih tzu) and my ponies but I am definitely not missing rainy, snowy slush and yuc!

Dave tells me that my ponies are eating well. He said my live shrimp are going down too. He cleaned the skimmer cup on Monday and tomorrow he will do his 3rd water change. He's going to be a pro.

I am wondering if Ruth has grown while I have been away. Also I bet my fuge is a jungle!

I am thoroughly enjoying my time here. I helped my 5 year old grandson make a monster truck valentine box and I get lots of cuddle time with my precious baby granddaughter. Lastly I am going to be thankful for the little bathrooms that Dave and I's house has, because big luxurious bathrooms need big extensive cleaning, ha ha! Just kidding, its been a pleasure to be here and have the opportunity to help. I head home Monday and although I have really been missing Dave a lot, its going to be sad to leave.

• Like 6

Grand babies are the best! My first just turned 1.

Anyway. Hubby is showing interest in a seahorse tank. Going to start my research here.

Yes, grandbabies are awesome. And Yippee about looking into a seahorse tank! I will be glad to help if you have any questions.
  • Like 1
RIP Sebastian

Yes, grandbabies are awesome. And Yippee about looking into a seahorse tank! I will be glad to help if you have any questions.

Glad to hear everything is going well.

• Like 1

I arrived home just before dinner yesterday. There was a bouquet of red roses and daisies on the diningroom table and a valentine card for me. Dave is the best! Also my pooch was pretty happy to see me.

And the seahorse tank looked good even though Dave did not clean the glass the whole 2 weeks I was gone. Dave felt more comfortable keeping his hands out of the display tank and so did I. There was some film algae but not terrible. There was a little algae on the gorgs but again for being 2 weeks without any husbandry in the display, I can't complain. It just shows how much good consistent WCs can do.

Today I will do a thorough cleaning of the display and a WC. The fuge is indeed a jungle of packed full cube of calerpa so I will get in there and do some pruning. I am not even sure if the other macros in the sump are still alive as they may have been smothered and outcompeted by the feather caulerpa.

I will trybto take a before and after pic.

• Like 3
RIP Sebastian
On 2/14/2017 at 1:45 PM, vlangel said:

20170214_144432_zpskl9llmbl.jpg

Here is the before pic although I forgot at first and had already cleaned the left side.

Looks great, Dawn! I always like playing "FInd the Pony" with these pics!

• Like 2

20170214_182222_zpsjrg1oywl.jpg

Here is the after pic. Hopefully you can see a difference, ha ha!

On 2/14/2017 at 2:55 PM, RIP Sebastian said:

Looks great, Dawn! I always like playing "FInd the Pony" with these pics!

Hey Nick, now you have a clean tank to play "find the pony"!

On 2/14/2017 at 3:43 PM, teenyreef said:

Welcome back! The "before" pic looks pretty good to me :)

I was pleased to see that the tank looked as good as it did. 2 weeks is a long time not to do anything about algae.

• Like 4
RIP Sebastian
On 2/14/2017 at 4:32 PM, vlangel said:

20170214_182222_zpsjrg1oywl.jpg

Here is the after pic. Hopefully you can see a difference, ha ha!

Hey Nick, now you have a clean tank to play "find the pony"!

I was pleased to see that the tank looked as good as it did. 2 weeks is a long time not to do anything about algae.

Found 'em! :) Ruth has grown so much! She's really beautiful.

• Like 1

Found 'em! :) Ruth has grown so much! She's really beautiful.

It was much easier to see the ponies in the clean tank. I asked Dave if Ruth had grown while I was away and he said he thought so. When I came home yesterday I could definitely see a difference. She is getting bigger and more beautiful all the time.

• Like 4